• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Nutribullet

reactor_sa

Executive Member
You won't be sorry.

I make pinacoladas in this thing: fresh pineapple, freeze-dried coconut powder (buy at Asian supermarkets; not dessicated coconut), rum, ice, honey/ sugar syrup. On its high-speed blend, shizz comes out so smooth you might as well be in Cuba.
You had me at 'rum'. :love:

airborne

Executive Member
Say "No, rather get me a Nutri Ninja (1000W), model BL480." (They have an SA website, just google).

But, ja, these high-powered blenders are amazing for making smoothies.
Saw those things but it's an extra R500 on the 600w bullet for what difference?
Also accessories will be harder to get hold of with the ninja.

skinndeep

Expert Member
I had the Nutribullet for a month and the motor gave up. Got the Milex and its been 6 months of hassle free awesomeness

Milano

Honorary Master
Cheap bastard so I settled for the kambrook super blender at R360 (or was it R460?) on promo in December - really good value option at that price and judging by reviews no far off the performance of the NB.

Cheap bastard so I settled for the kambrook super blender at R360 (or was it R460?) on promo in December - really good value option at that price and judging by reviews no far off the performance of the NB.
Funny you should mention that. I was in Clicks yesterday looking for a replacement for my Kambrook (500W) Ice Crusher. Had the unit for around 2 years but only used it for the first 3 months after buying it since Summer was over we didnt have much use for it during the colder months. Anyway, we forgot about the unit and remembered we still had it during December 2016. We decided to take it out of the box again and use it. To our surprise, the unit seemed to have ceased. Tried getting Clicks to take some responsibility for the ceased unit but they were having none of that. Be careful with that Kambrook. this is our second Kambrook unit which died just after it's warantee expired. The other device was a toaster or kettle I think :confused:Obviously we used the kettle more than we did the Ice Crusher.

PS: We never ever used the Ice Crusher to ever crush ice. Just used it to blend up some fruit and powder :erm:

Also went in to check for a cheaper alternative to the NutriBullet but couldnt make my mind up and walked out empty handed... Too many choices :crylaugh:

DMNknight

Expert Member
Another Necro to the thread.

Anyone experience the Nutribullet sucking in the O rings faster than you can disengage the bottle?

We've gone through the O rings / Seals / Gasket and looking to replace, thinking that naturally as they are not fastened into the blades/lids that there would be replacements from nutribullet themselves as it would be expected attrition to having the seals loose.

Surprise surprise, they don't sell the O-rings but will gladly sell you the entire blade :wtf: for R255 :mad:

Other than amazon, has anyone been able to find replacement rings?

reactor_sa

Executive Member

Anyone experience the Nutribullet sucking in the O rings faster than you can disengage the bottle?

We've gone through the O rings / Seals / Gasket and looking to replace, thinking that naturally as they are not fastened into the blades/lids that there would be replacements from nutribullet themselves as it would be expected attrition to having the seals loose.

Surprise surprise, they don't sell the O-rings but will gladly sell you the entire blade :wtf: for R255 :mad:

Mine has been fine. Avoid putting the blade in the dishwasher as it's very harsh on rubber.

The original Nutribullet I saw lots of reports of leaking blade seals but apparently fixed in layer revisions.

Necropolis

Executive Member
Also haven't had any issues with that before.

I just make sure to rinse the blade in warm water directly after use - no other washing necessary.

DMNknight

Expert Member
Mine has been fine. Avoid putting the blade in the dishwasher as it's very harsh on rubber.

The original Nutribullet I saw lots of reports of leaking blade seals but apparently fixed in layer revisions.
Hand washed directly after use every single time.

The blade literally sucks the O-ring into the cup and then chews it up for puppy food.

airborne

Executive Member

A bearing place like Bearing Man or Skf will have a wide range of o rings take a sample if you don't know the size.

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Hand washed directly after use every single time.

The blade literally sucks the O-ring into the cup and then chews it up for puppy food.
Genuine Nutribullet or some no name? I'll have a look when I get home, because I'm not sure what you are explaining.

DMNknight

Expert Member
Genuine Nutribullet.

The semi-transparent and removable O ring seal that stops your juice spraying everywhere.
When in use, the seal literally gets sucked into the cup and before I can intervene the blades have chopped up the rubber/silicon or it's wrapped itself around the balde and brought it to a quick halt (which is how I know it was happening).

[color=F0FFF]test[/color]

Milano

Honorary Master
Funny you should mention that. I was in Clicks yesterday looking for a replacement for my Kambrook (500W) Ice Crusher. Had the unit for around 2 years but only used it for the first 3 months after buying it since Summer was over we didnt have much use for it during the colder months. Anyway, we forgot about the unit and remembered we still had it during December 2016. We decided to take it out of the box again and use it. To our surprise, the unit seemed to have ceased. Tried getting Clicks to take some responsibility for the ceased unit but they were having none of that. Be careful with that Kambrook. this is our second Kambrook unit which died just after it's warantee expired. The other device was a toaster or kettle I think :confused:Obviously we used the kettle more than we did the Ice Crusher.

PS: We never ever used the Ice Crusher to ever crush ice. Just used it to blend up some fruit and powder :erm:

Also went in to check for a cheaper alternative to the NutriBullet but couldnt make my mind up and walked out empty handed... Too many choices :crylaugh:
Kambrook Super Blender still going strong as of now. Apparently there are questions over the health affects of the general super blending process as due to the blended (highly processed) results you have these sugars entering your system at a rate higher than would naturally occur through eating, chewing fruit so potential blood sugar issues - have not gone deeper into this research - however it obvious to say that diabetes is becoming an epidemic and one should probably assess the blood sugar / health implications. Hmm anyone agree?