OBD II Connector

Leo_

Hi,

Does anyone here know where I can buy a proper OBDII connector and reader for my car. I want to be able to connect it up to my smartphone.

I had my eye on this http://amzn.com/B005NLQAHS - Seems to be a great product 4.5 stars from 4000 reviews. However it does not ship to SA

Any local places where I can buy one of these?

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I was actually thinking of developing a desktop app for this the other day.
Not sure where to start though.

ahoudet

Expert Member
Hi,

Does anyone here know where I can buy a proper OBDII connector and reader for my car. I want to be able to connect it up to my smartphone.

I had my eye on this http://amzn.com/B005NLQAHS - Seems to be a great product 4.5 stars from 4000 reviews. However it does not ship to SA

I have a similar one (USB) as well as a much better one (Standalone unit)... I might be willing to sell one of the two

If you're in JHB, send me a PM and I'll give you further details

eg2505

Honorary Master
theres the Bluetooth ELM 327 one if you want works exactly the same as the expensive ones and cost much less;

Drifter

Honorary Master
theres the Bluetooth ELM 327 one if you want works exactly the same as the expensive ones and cost much less;
This ^^^, Download torque pro for your smartphone, and you will have a pretty handy tool.

eg2505

Honorary Master
This ^^^, Download torque pro for your smartphone, and you will have a pretty handy tool.
actually even comes with torque pro APK for you;
if you buy from the one durban based guy I brought my ELM 327 from;

super useful app, BTW

Stickfigure

Executive Member
I bought mine off ebay. Came to about R110 with shipping. Works great with VAGCOM.

Leo_

actually even comes with torque pro APK for you;
if you buy from the one durban based guy I brought my ELM 327 from;

super useful app, BTW
Can any one of you please tell me where you purchased these units from? :)

eehellfire

Executive Member
Hi,

I bought one from DX.com. Works great.
Otherwise if you want faster shipping - try Zastra.com