Official 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

Looks like Frans Steyn will miss the rest of the world cup. :(
 
Shame... really feel sorry for Scotland. Last minute win for England.

Sent from my GT-I9000
 
The English got away with a lot near the end. Late charge, offside, scrumming in. I would be a bit p..d if I was Scotland.

Heartbreaking for the Scots, I feel for them. Oh well, I earned a win and a margin point so I'm still smiling. :-)
 
Where can I watch highlights online? The videos on the SS website aren't working for me
 
I know we shouldn't rejoice in another person's misfortune but screw it! :D, that's brilliant news. The NZ commentators seem so glum talking about it. The Argies won their game, so their QF is confirmed, its the AB's vs the Argies.

Doubt Kirchner will get a game.
 
You know, I won't rejoice in the injury of a player: it sucks, no matter what. Doesn't matter which side they play for or how their setback counts in our favour - it still sucks.

That said, if someone was going to spend the rest of the RWC in the stands, i'd rather it was someone like Carter. Thanks for your services and fantastic rugby, Mr Carter. No hard feelings.

Steyn! Here's a player who so seldom fscks anything up, that one tends to feel he is gold: untouchable, brilliant, beyond reproach. And now this - major setback. What it does mean for Frans though is that the record statistic mentioned earlier is his to make and keep: we realised the commentator got it wrong when he said FS had 11 unbeaten games in a row in the RWC. Friday, that became true. Now, off for the rest of the RWC, no matter how it turns out, he will most likely still be playing in 2015 and if we take our pool matches there and he is part of that squad, he could go up to an unassailable 15 games in a row.

Good luck FS and thanks for all the points.
 
Wales - 66
Fiji - 0

Outplayed in all facets of the game.

Sent from my GT-I9000
 
Man I love watching Carter. That oke is class. Really feel for the guy.

Didn't expect such a huge Wales victory this morning. Puts our victory in perspective. My superbru is taking a tumble the last two days, not getting the margins right at all.
 
Much as I want it to happen, I doubt it will happen.
It's a stretch but not so much considering France vs Tonga, Ireland vs Aus. Scots almost knocked over England yesterday too so let's hold thumbs and any other dangly bits known to be lucky..
 
It's a stretch but not so much considering France vs Tonga, Ireland vs Aus. Scots almost knocked over England yesterday too so let's hold thumbs and any other dangly bits known to be lucky..
I have Italy for an upset win on SB .... so yes, I'm also wishing!!
 
Carter is out of the World Cup.
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/RugbyWorldCup2011/Dan-Carter-out-of-World-Cup-20111001

But in other news Zane Kirchner has come in to replace Frans Steyn. Couldn't they find someone better? Terreblanche would have been a better choice.

FFS, I really hope he doesn't get game time.

Man I love watching Carter. That oke is class. Really feel for the guy.

Didn't expect such a huge Wales victory this morning. Puts our victory in perspective. My superbru is taking a tumble the last two days, not getting the margins right at all.

Same here. My margins have been off this weekend and it is costing me...
 
Ireland playing all the rugby but not for the 1st time this tournament that doesn't necessarily determine the victor... COME ON ITALY...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X