Official Chelsea Supporters Thread

Personally I feel he is over his peak even though he's only 27.
With Matic there I dont think we need him unless we pick him up for a bargain.

The Times today:
"Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is set to be handed the vice-captaincy at Stamford Bridge as Jose Mourinho moves to kill off rumours linking the player with a move away this summer."

I doubt it but this would be interesting dont you think? Wonder what Courtois would think of that. Personally I dont like the fact he's whining just like Lukaku. If you dont want to compete you should never have signed for a big club.
I do however feel that Cech has not been at his best the last two seasons so would like Courtois to be number 1. Just dont like players making demands regarding starting. Its the coaches decision.
 
Personally I feel he is over his peak even though he's only 27.
With Matic there I dont think we need him unless we pick him up for a bargain.

I think we don't need him, but feel that he still has a lot to offer as a player.

The Times today:
"Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is set to be handed the vice-captaincy at Stamford Bridge as Jose Mourinho moves to kill off rumours linking the player with a move away this summer."

I doubt it but this would be interesting dont you think? Wonder what Courtois would think of that. Personally I dont like the fact he's whining just like Lukaku. If you dont want to compete you should never have signed for a big club.
I do however feel that Cech has not been at his best the last two seasons so would like Courtois to be number 1. Just dont like players making demands regarding starting. Its the coaches decision.

I think that the only person who needs to consider this is Cech (if true). The club are aware of Courtois' ambition and preferences, because he has actually kept in touch with them. His "whining" is on a different scale to Lukaku's, IMO- Courtois is actually in the top 3 or 5 players in his position. Lukaku, not so much.

A few quotes from Courtois:

"I have the biggest respect for Petr Cech. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world so I think putting him and me in the same team is not the healthiest thing in the world," Courtois told BBC Sport.

"We will see in the next week if we can sit together with Chelsea to find something for next year, find out what they want, what my desire is. We will see."

"The two of us want to play everything. Nobody will be happy to play in only the League Cup or FA Cup," he said.
"Things are unclear at the moment."

"It was strange and weird knocking out Chelsea," said Courtois.
"Normally when you win a semi-final you celebrate really hard but I didn't do it because Chelsea bought me and gave me the opportunity to play for Atletico for three years.

"I think I showed respect to the Chelsea players and supporters and they to me. It was a nice feeling and hopefully I can give them those things back in the future."

“When will I know about my future? It will be after the World Cup I think, then everything will be clear", he said.

“I spoke to him (Mourinho) in May, before the game against Barcelona. In the week he discussed with me what he thinks about me and about everything. That is it.

“Do I want to number one wherever I play next season? Yes, I think with my age and the performances I had I want to play. To be on the bench is not the nicest thing."

He constantly mentions how he will work with the club on his future, and how he wants to play for the club. Lukaku is only focused on himself- every time he opens his mouth it's "me" this and "I" that. Tiresome indeed.
 
Personally I feel he is over his peak even though he's only 27.
With Matic there I dont think we need him unless we pick him up for a bargain.

The Times today:
"Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is set to be handed the vice-captaincy at Stamford Bridge as Jose Mourinho moves to kill off rumours linking the player with a move away this summer."

I doubt it but this would be interesting dont you think? Wonder what Courtois would think of that. Personally I dont like the fact he's whining just like Lukaku. If you dont want to compete you should never have signed for a big club.
I do however feel that Cech has not been at his best the last two seasons so would like Courtois to be number 1. Just dont like players making demands regarding starting. Its the coaches decision.

The difference between Courtois and Lukaku is the former is the best young player in his field and in the top 3 best player in his field in the world. Lukaku is not any of that for his position. So yeah a young top goal keeper wants number 1 spot not surprising at all I fully understand why he would not want to stay on the bench, he actually has leverage unlike Lukaku. I think people are also forgetting Cech usurped Cudicini the first chance he got, that was when he was first bought.
 
The difference between Courtois and Lukaku is the former is the best young player in his field and in the top 3 best player in his field in the world. Lukaku is not any of that for his position. So yeah a young top goal keeper wants number 1 spot not surprising at all I fully understand why he would not want to stay on the bench, he actually has leverage unlike Lukaku. I think people are also forgetting Cech usurped Cudicini the first chance he got, that was when he was first bought.

Agreed. This situation reminds of exactly that- the younger, equally talented keeper usurping the older, more experienced and fan-loved regular. Difference being that Courtois could lay claim to being the top keeper in Europe.

Cudicini was allowed to leave for free out of respect for all he did, yet Spurs shafted him. He should have stayed with us, considering our backups were Hilario and Turnbull- disasters that cost us a fair few games. Perhaps the club are considering a repeat of that situation transpiring, too, and why there has been no word on Cech at all.
 
Agreed. This situation reminds of exactly that- the younger, equally talented keeper usurping the older, more experienced and fan-loved regular. Difference being that Courtois could lay claim to being the top keeper in Europe.

Cudicini was allowed to leave for free out of respect for all he did, yet Spurs shafted him. He should have stayed with us, considering our backups were Hilario and Turnbull- disasters that cost us a fair few games. Perhaps the club are considering a repeat of that situation transpiring, too, and why there has been no word on Cech at all.

Hoping Cech stays, at least for a season. Courtois is definitely in the running for one of the best. Top spot has to go to Neuer, no doubt but keepers like hart and Cassillas have made quite a bit of mistakes recently while Courtois has been solid, even in the WC you saw how good he was.
 
Hoping Cech stays, at least for a season. Courtois is definitely in the running for one of the best. Top spot has to go to Neuer, no doubt but keepers like hart and Cassillas have made quite a bit of mistakes recently while Courtois has been solid, even in the WC you saw how good he was.

I think that it could be debated between Courtois and Neuer. Both have had solid World Cups, both have had excellent seasons for their clubs. I'd perhaps edge it to Courtois out of bias and his performances in the CL. Neuer was terrible in the thrashing that Madrid handed them.
 
Hoping Cech stays, at least for a season. Courtois is definitely in the running for one of the best. Top spot has to go to Neuer, no doubt but keepers like hart and Cassillas have made quite a bit of mistakes recently while Courtois has been solid, even in the WC you saw how good he was.
Would also like Cech to stay another season. Then we can at least see if Courtois will cope plus the competition between the two might be good.
 
I think that it could be debated between Courtois and Neuer. Both have had solid World Cups, both have had excellent seasons for their clubs. I'd perhaps edge it to Courtois out of bias and his performances in the CL. Neuer was terrible in the thrashing that Madrid handed them.

Thing is Neuer is a much better sweeper, but in a defensive team like Chelsea we don't need a sweeper.
 
So who's in the bidding lead for Ronaldinho? at 34 he's set on joining the P.League

West Ham, Stoke City, Crystal Palace according to bookies
 
When did you start supporting Chelsea Eks?

this again....are you bored or mad?...either you are completely nuts or this is the only kick you get.

Just in case you're nuts...
I've supported Chelsea in my 20's after learning that Ruud Gullit joined the club...he was one of my favorite Netherland players in the 80's...then I suddenly stopped following football in general for no apparent reason....only watched the WCs. My interest was boosted again about 3 years ago...and I only followed the last season seriously. I guess once blue always blue
 
this again....are you bored or mad?...either you are completely nuts or this is the only kick you get.

Sure Eks.

Just in case you're nuts...
I've supported Chelsea in my 20's after learning that Ruud Gullit joined the club...he was one of my favorite Netherland players in the 80's...then I suddenly stopped following football in general for no apparent reason....only watched the WCs. My interest was boosted again about 3 years ago...and I only followed the last season seriously. I guess once blue always blue

Oh ok, cool :)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X