Official Chelsea Supporters Thread

I am Glad Sturridge scored! Hope he can now go on a scoring streak, but he does have a bit to learn. Glad Ancellotti brought in youngster like ***uta and McEachran
 
Indeed! He is brilliant now!
Gotta admire Blackpool for them not giving up.
 
What a game!!!

Yes, we lost, but watching the youngsters was great! Pity about Kalou and Yossi, but hell, Lamps better watch his back with McEachran around!

Turnbull should go to hell though, that toss is useless.
 

Look dude, even though Van Aanholt had a bad first half - the most important thing is that he didn't let it affect him and was brilliant in the second. Shows he has mental strength and learns from his mistakes - he didn't repeat them even though a few similar situations happened... also, Josh McEachran was amazing. I mean the lad really has so much talent.

The only bad thing is our keeper situation. Terribull was absolutely rubbish between the sticks tonight and deserves to be shipped off to Siberia. I mean I know that it was only one match but the fact of the matter is that he's been doing it (reportedly) for the reserves as well. As funny as it may seem - I can hardly wait for Hilario to come back. Hopefully Matej Delac does well on his loan so we can have a second back-up keeper worth his salt.

Have to say though... I don;t like the way Sturridge plays. I understand the need for strikers to be selfish, but he was overdoing it. added to the fact that he never chases the ball and 50/50s become 100s for the opposition if he is on your flank. He needs a swift kick up the arse - blistering pace and natural talent don't count for jack unless you have desire and he isn't showing it.
 
I thought McEachren was brilliant! Ancellotti must play him more! Lamps succssessor I tell you.
Gotta agree Van Aanholt was good and worked hard!. Bruma I think he needs to learn a bit more but he's also good.
I agree with you about the Keeper and Sturridge situation. Hilario and Cech and good, turnbull is crappy and makes too many errors.
Sturridge always tries to go for goal and doesn't work hard enough.
All in all the youngsters learnt a valuable lesson today.
 
I thought McEachren was brilliant! Ancellotti must play him more! Lamps succssessor I tell you.
Gotta agree Van Aanholt was good and worked hard!. Bruma I think he needs to learn a bit more but he's also good.
I agree with you about the Keeper and Sturridge situation. Hilario and Cech and good, turnbull is crappy and makes too many errors.
Sturridge always tries to go for goal and doesn't work hard enough.
All in all the youngsters learnt a valuable lesson today.

Lamps' successor yes, but he's more of a Joey Cole with the tenacity (and size) of a Dennis Wise. Sturridge should be given a few more chances because he is a real talent and if he ups his game like Anelka has (I mean the Anelka playing for us is not the Anelka of yesteryear) then he will be a sure starter. As far as Turnbull is concerned... well let's just say that he could be our keeper in the future. 3rd choice reserve team keeper that is...
 
Oh, another Wise, now there is something!

Sturridge is trying too hard, thats his main problem.

Van Aanholt is brilliant, he just needs to become more level headed.

Bruma did not have the best of nigths, but the boy is getting there.
 
Oh, another Wise, now there is something!

Sturridge is trying too hard, thats his main problem.

Van Aanholt is brilliant, he just needs to become more level headed.

Bruma did not have the best of nigths, but the boy is getting there.

It's easy to forget that Bruma is only 18 years old. Still - Ancelotti will be expecting more and you can be sure he'll get a thorough dressing down for the mistakes he made. Van Aanholt is brilliant going forward, he only needs to be more concentrated when he's in his own half and he'll be ready to replace Cole in no time. The thing is - I didn;t mind the mistakes too much because of the attitude after the mistakes. they picked themselves up and tried harder than ever and looked like better players for it. Better to make those silly mistakes when you're young than when you're in a major competition at the age of cca 25-29 when it counts most.
 
Damnit! Lampard is probably out for the City game as well. If the report I read has any truth to it - he'll be out for at least another two three games.
 
Damnit! Lampard is probably out for the City game as well. If the report I read has any truth to it - he'll be out for at least another two three games.

NO! So thats Lamps, Kalou, Benayoun.
 
NO! So thats Lamps, Kalou, Benayoun.

K.akuta injured as well. Does not bode well for the cluster of fixtures we have coming up...

EDIT: Though on the bright side, Bosingwa played through 55 minutes of a reserve game without too much trouble so there is some good news).
 
K.akuta injured as well. Does not bode well for the cluster of fixtures we have coming up...

EDIT: Though on the bright side, Bosingwa played through 55 minutes of a reserve game without too much trouble so there is some good news).

After City, its Arsenal so hopefully people make quick recoveries and will be back then.
 
Well to be fair to the lad, he's been practicall an ever present int he Chelsea first team for ten odd years. He deserves this one injury setback/rest period more than anyone else in the team...
 
Well to be fair to the lad, he's been practicall an ever present int he Chelsea first team for ten odd years. He deserves this one injury setback/rest period more than anyone else in the team...

Who?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X