• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Official Gridhost thread

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
Company Rep
Good afternoon. Can you PM your domain name and any ticket IDs you sent through to us please? If you don't have that then perhaps just the email address you used to send the tickets but if it was from the customer zone then I can search for it using the details on your account.

Last edited:

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Employ some people and then get emails answered. 5 days and still no response....in 2018.....not 1998....

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
Company Rep
@Freshy-ZN The tickets in the support queue isn't close to that age. If you have an ID you can leave it here so I can ask someone to see what's going on there. If you can't recall what it is then please PM the email address listed on your account instead

Last edited:

FatBoySlim

Expert Member
Gridhost is a joke. Gone are the days of using Webafrica slick interface of adding a new domain. Instead I have to deal with Bongani who has no clue what I'm talking about. Joke.

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
Company Rep
Adding domains via the customer zone shouldn't be much different to what it was on WA. There is a header saying domains and then register/transfer.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
@Freshy-ZN The tickets in the support queue isn't close to that age. If you have an ID you can leave it here so I can ask someone to see what's going on there. If you can't recall what it is then please PM the email address listed on your account instead
My God....its an email I sent to the domains@gridhost.co.za email address with a question. You guys do check emails dont you?

FatBoySlim

Expert Member
Adding domains via the customer zone shouldn't be much different to what it was on WA. There is a header saying domains and then register/transfer.
You are very wrong there, WA I used the online portal and boom done. GH, you retards cant release domains until a debit order has gone through - then I get the joy of speaking to Bongani who is beyond clueless.

FatBoySlim

Expert Member
I don't see anything difficult when ordering domains. What exactly are you seeing that you can't seem to wrap your head around?
Ordered domain on 9March 2018, Gridhost ****ty system says Debit Order to go off on Thursday - Thursday came and gone - then your accounts team pushed through the payment for the domain because incompetence forgot to push it through on Thursday, low and fnkkking behold, on the 19th March someone else took the domain name - incompetence at its best - you guys are a joke.
Probably makes sense why WA told you guys to kfffukkk off

UssOP

Aah you are referring to the pay before activation part. Yeah personally I liked the fact that the domains I ordered were activated immediately but having my own business I understand that they want payment first because they don't want to take the risk of registering something that can easily be transferred away which in turn means a loss e.g. I'll register a domain (let's say co.za) using dummy details. I'll then transfer the domain away to another provider saving myself +-R100 because I believe co.za domains are free when transferred and then only charged upon renewal.

Can't say anything with regards to payment not going through as personally I never had an issue like that. Just as a side note...That language dude...kind of inappropriate as much as one could understand the mess up.

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
Company Rep
@FatBoySlim Apologies for the experience you had. I don't know what happened on the day these debits were meant to run but we are more than happy to speak to our domains team to should there be a problem causing a delay in registering a domain. We have other payment options available as well like credit card or instant EFT (via payfast) to immediately pay invoices for the system to instantly activate a service.

FatBoySlim

Expert Member
@FatBoySlim Apologies for the experience you had. I don't know what happened on the day these debits were meant to run but we are more than happy to speak to our domains team to should there be a problem causing a delay in registering a domain. We have other payment options available as well like credit card or instant EFT (via payfast) to immediately pay invoices for the system to instantly activate a service.
Fact is , you guys messed up the entire process from start to finish - real bad show this. I have taken my business elsewhere - Im sure WA has regretted having you guys on board, it really could not have been easy for them.

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
Company Rep
@FatBoySlim we do sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience and we sorry that you were not satisfied.We wish you well on your future endeavors.

FatBoySlim

Expert Member
Apologies not accepted, I truly hope others read up on your doings and refrain from doing business with you. It now makes sense why WA distances themselves from you, they almost became the next Afrihost.

Solitude

Expert Member
Hi Gridhost

I can't create a ticket. I get the following error:

The following errors occurred:

Validation failed
Field: custom_fields.service - Value set is of type Null.It should be a/an String

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
Company Rep
Good morning Solitude. Can you test that again please? I was not able to replicate it this morning.

Solitude

Expert Member
Good morning Solitude. Can you test that again please? I was not able to replicate it this morning.
I will try this evening. It's not on my normal account but the one that was brought in from Web Africa. I was hoping the two could be merged but that ticket was closed without any further feedback.