OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

I think the drain on mobile network is not because of the mobile network but the apps that are syncing etc over it the whole time. Imagine if you turn it off they kinda give up and the phone can sleep better.
 
I use NetCounter, it splits Wifi & GPRS usage.

im using netcounter too
when i put mobile data on
i always check my task manager which apps are open and close all
in the beginning i was using like 10mbs a day but i've got it down now
but i dont leave my mobile data on
try taskpanel x, automatic task killer, advanced task killer,startup cleaner
i have tried all and keep most of these on all the time
 
I think the drain on mobile network is not because of the mobile network but the apps that are syncing etc over it the whole time. Imagine if you turn it off they kinda give up and the phone can sleep better.

Hmmmm... I only have Facebook, Twitter and Weather syncing once a day. Only have push email activated through exchange.

Is there anyway for me to check if any apps are syncing and using the data and battery?
 
I don't know. But have also noticed that if I turn off mobile data and wifi then the battery will last forever.
 
Two questions:

How long have you had the phone for? I read on Android forums that some people start experiencing battery life only after a month or so. Only had my phone for three weeks

Do you have mobile network enabled the whole time? If yes, is it 3G/HSDPA or only Edge/GPRS? I found data network to be the biggest drainer of my battery. If I go to sleep and leave the phone on with mobile network enabled, 8 hours later it will have dropped 20-25% of battery. If, however, I turn off mobile network, it only loses 4-5%

I've had my phone since the day they were released here, which is a bit over two months now I think and started to see an improvement in battery life after about two-three weeks. Turning off all your data does make your battery life much, much longer, but it kind of defeats the purpose of an always-connected phone :P One of the google CEO's actually said that the biggest drain on battery life is the send-receive circuit, because a lot of developers do not know how to use it efficiently.

@Vegeta, there isn't an app that will do exactly what you want, but if you type *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer, go to battery usage and select network usage you should see which processes are using the network connection the most.
 
I've had my phone since the day they were released here, which is a bit over two months now I think and started to see an improvement in battery life after about two-three weeks. Turning off all your data does make your battery life much, much longer, but it kind of defeats the purpose of an always-connected phone :P One of the google CEO's actually said that the biggest drain on battery life is the send-receive circuit, because a lot of developers do not know how to use it efficiently.

@Vegeta, there isn't an app that will do exactly what you want, but if you type *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer, go to battery usage and select network usage you should see which processes are using the network connection the most.

Tried dialing that number except nothing happened?
 
@Vegeta, there isn't an app that will do exactly what you want, but if you type *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer, go to battery usage and select network usage you should see which processes are using the network connection the most.

Did that, but couldn't find network usage stats. Only WiFi, Battery and Phone info
 
any one know hot to see which apps are set to automatically update? also is there any way to use google voice even if your not in the states?
 
any one know hot to see which apps are set to automatically update? also is there any way to use google voice even if your not in the states?

If you go to your Downloads section in the market and click on an app, you can then choose whether you want it to automatically update or not
 
I did yesterday, after a few apps updated automatically and chowed some of my data bundle

same is happening to me :P, what size data bundle you using? Thinking of getting one, since you really need to leave the mobile internet on
 
same is happening to me :P, what size data bundle you using? Thinking of getting one, since you really need to leave the mobile internet on

Got a My Meg 110 from Vodacom (R88), but thinking of getting My Meg 175 (R119) from September.
 
Battery Usage

Aha! Found it - thanks!

I assume "Battery used by application when running" refers to the battery usage of the application in total.

If thats the case Gesture Search is using 76% of my battery. Which might have something to do with the new double filip to launch feature.
 
Is anybody else experiencing lagging whilst typing messages? My Desire has suddenly started lagging
 
Is anybody else experiencing lagging whilst typing messages? My Desire has suddenly started lagging

Mine has done it before... I did not do anything to fix it, though I did re-flash new ROM's and stuff like that, so I don't have a solution unfortunately.
 
I downloaded the official froyo update, didn't update it over the air. So is yours fine now?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X