OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

I on Vodacom and cannot receive MMS's. Is this a Desire problem, or is my settings not correct?
I have updated to the official Froyo 2.2 OTA.
 
I downloaded the official froyo update, didn't update it over the air. So is yours fine now?

my desire also does funny things when texting, is goes crazy every now and then, some times the letters have different functions like when i press space then it minimizes the keypad etc. i also downloaded the update, maybe when the ota is available through mtn then i will update again
 
Chaps, have a look at this :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755903 with regards to battery life and increasing it. Some of the posters have reported almost double the battery life after following this process.

Going to try it right now myself and will report on what I find.
Nice find garyb01... And in a nutshell here in the procedure...
So combining the two bits of info we've compiled, the best way to calibrate your battery is as follows

1: Charge phone whilst on till LED is green.
2: Disconnect phone from charger, power it off.
3: Reconnect to charger with phone powered off and allow to charge till LED is green.
4: Disconnect the phone from charger, power it on. Once completely powered on, turn it off again and reconnect to charger until LED is green.
5: Reboot into recovery (back button held at same time as power button) and wipe battery stats.

Battery should now be calibrated.
 
Nice find garyb01... And in a nutshell here in the procedure...

Well, we try........ :) ....... Not too sure about the wiping battery stats, it would seem as if this can only be done with a rooted device? (Which mine isn't yet..waiting for the brilliant chaps at XDA to work out a rooting procedure for the HBoot 0.92 that the Froyo 2.2 has prevented up to this point in time.)
 
Chaps, have a look at this :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755903 with regards to battery life and increasing it. Some of the posters have reported almost double the battery life after following this process.

Going to try it right now myself and will report on what I find.

Ok, can report back on this as follows: Charged the phone following this procedure and have had it off charge since 23:00 last night. Using the email sync every ten minutes, about 15 sms's and around 10 calls so far, its now 08:54 so approx. 10 hours of use and the battery level is sitting at 82%!!!!!! Massive improvement so far, usually I would be down to around 25% at this stage.
 
Ok, can report back on this as follows: Charged the phone following this procedure and have had it off charge since 23:00 last night. Using the email sync every ten minutes, about 15 sms's and around 10 calls so far, its now 08:54 so approx. 10 hours of use and the battery level is sitting at 82%!!!!!! Massive improvement so far, usually I would be down to around 25% at this stage.

13 hours now and still sitting on 49%....Fantastic improvement in relation to before I did the battery charge procedure. Here's hoping that I can now finally start using all the features that drove me to buy the phone, without it only lasting 2 hours as it did before....
 
I tried the method from xda also
battery is definately better
i think from 15% to 0 also is much longer than before
 
I've lost 6% in around 2 hours, WIFI on, a single call of around 2 minutes and around 6 smses, push gmail running.. Not bad but not really sure it's an improvement or not. By day end I would usually have used around 50%-60%..
 
i think phone batteries always charge better when the fone is off.its just that we normally dont want to miss a call so we charge it while its on
 
5: Reboot into recovery (back button held at same time as power button) and wipe battery stats.

Do you have to do step 5? ... want to try this with my Nexus (although battery life is pretty good) and would rather not factory reset is I don't have to.
 
Ok Guys for those of you who have been waiting for Google Maps Navigation ( by that I mean TURN BY TURN VOICE PROMPTED NAVIGATION on google maps!!!!)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=630887

Before you ask:

Yes it works on unrooted phones ( tried it on my buddy's Legend and no issues )

For FAQ's see link above and ENJOY
PS====> By default it chooses the Freeways so if you want to take the back roads go to settings and choose avoid Freeways and Toll Roads...

Phone: HTC Desire
Currently Running : OpenDesire-3.2.0
Battery Life: 20Hrs without Charge without using the battery mod mentioned in earlier posts
 
I'm using version 14 and running quite well.
According to the changelog nothing that affects me:
brut16 (09.08.10)
fixed "Data exceeds UNCOMPRESS_DATA_MAX" issue
removed es_MX language - es is used instead (caused by above issue)

brut15 (07.08.10)
does not work for many ROMs - "Data exceeds UNCOMPRESS_DATA_MAX" issue
updated GM to version 4.4.0.4414
 
im using it on stock froyo .it works well and gets gps fix quick
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X