OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

I'm on 77% since 7am this morning. I haven't tried any calibration etc but when I flashed froyo I was at 100% battery. My battery was closed to 4197mV on 100% however it's now at 3977mV and showing 77%. So by my calculation 0% would be reached at 4197-956 = 3241mV. No idea how right or wrong that may be though.
 
84%!! WIFI on since 10.30am, push gmail about 40 emails, 15-20 smses during the course of the day, a couple of calls. Pretty impressive. Normally I would be around 60%-65% by now...
 
Well, I am doing this now, busy with the first charge while its on, waiting for the green LED. Will report back.
 
I wish I was joking... But now, it charged to green LED, I disconnected the charger, powered it down. Plugged the charger back in and it goes green straight away... :/
 
I wish I was joking... But now, it charged to green LED, I disconnected the charger, powered it down. Plugged the charger back in and it goes green straight away... :/

No problem. Power it back on then power down and plug in...

EDIT: Should charge for a couple of minutes or longer before green again. Once green boot into recovery, wipe battery stats, reboot and your done...
 
Last edited:
Somethings screwed up with mine. Removed charger, powered on, opened a menu scrolled down and up to make sure its fully booted. Shut down, plugged charger back in, and straight to green again
 
Somethings screwed up with mine. Removed charger, powered on, opened a menu scrolled down and up to make sure its fully booted. Shut down, plugged charger back in, and straight to green again
Damn that weird... Maybe try once more... Regardless after that boot into recovery, wipe batt. stats and see how it goes..
 
Okay I think I got it to do what it was supposed to. Time is now 09:48 according to my PC, phone is booting as I type, will enable mobile data and see how it goes with my normal usage.
 
Okay I think I got it to do what it was supposed to. Time is now 09:48 according to my PC, phone is booting as I type, will enable mobile data and see how it goes with my normal usage.
So I take it all conditions are the same as that 30 minutes trip to the office that sees you shed 14%?
 
So I take it all conditions are the same as that 30 minutes trip to the office that sees you shed 14%?

Yeah same usage. The battery dropped from 100 to 89 very quick, and then it went slower though. But lets see what it does now, will post back after 1 hour with usage stats.
 
Yeah same usage. The battery dropped from 100 to 89 very quick, and then it went slower though. But lets see what it does now, will post back after 1 hour with usage stats.

That's very odd. Has is slowed considerably since then? How's it looking now?

I'm on 71% a day and some change..
 
This battery calibration is only necessary if you've flashed a rom while charging, and your battery doesn't charge to 4197mv...according to the post.
 
well here is how it went. usage time 1h 16min.

- 4 sms sent and received
- 3 min incoming phone call
- 20min facebook
- 5min GoChat! for facebook chat
- 5min mxit
- think the phone was sleeping (screen off) fro around 5min of that total time.

Sitting on 87% with the following showing under Spare parts:

Battery Info:
snap20100819_110417.png


Program CPU Usage:
snap20100819_110341.png


Partial Awake Usage:
snap20100819_111545.png


Other Usage:
snap20100819_110407.png


Dont know if its better or worse than before, would be able to compare tonight I think.

EDIT: It did not drop from 100 to 89 as quickly as it usually did...
 
Last edited:
This battery calibration is only necessary if you've flashed a rom while charging, and your battery doesn't charge to 4197mv...according to the post.
Well by default if your phone is connected to a pc via USB, which it needs to be to boot into recovery, its going to charge...
 
I am on 70% now. After 4h 4mins, and I have to say, I am actually quite impressed. Usually I had to leave wifi and mobile data off to get okay battery life. I have been switching between wifi and mobile since I did the battery calibrate thing (9:48am), and with a bit heavier usage then normal. Screen has been on about 80% of the time doing something (facebook, email, sms, gochat, mxit).

Not to bad I think, still not a nokia 3310... But much better than it was yesterday. Think if I leave wifi and mobile off when not using, I would be able to get 2 days.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X