OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

I flashed to the modded DJDroid ROM last night. This one has odexed apps, it's got the old-school (and more superior) apps2sd, as well as the percentage battery indicator. I'm really enjoying this one. My current internal free space is 116MB :D Oooooh yeah!

What's great about this ROM is that because it uses the old school apps2sd, your widgets and things aren't killed as soon as you mount the SD card elsewhere. Very nice :D
 
I like very much, only wish i could update the boot screen animation to the original one, but not serious, im gonna check it out now, still setting up accounts etc, thank god for appbrain, I wonder how many of the apps I had will work though

Plurk? what is Plurk now LOL FB and twitter is already too much :)

Here is another ROM based on the DJ Droid one with all the useless stuff removed and the original boot restored. A list of the changes is on the #1 post of the forum. Apparently you can unzip the ROM file, and put your apk's in a specific folder, zip it back up, and it gets installed as you flash the ROM.
 
Here is another ROM based on the DJ Droid one with all the useless stuff removed and the original boot restored. A list of the changes is on the #1 post of the forum. Apparently you can unzip the ROM file, and put your apk's in a specific folder, zip it back up, and it gets installed as you flash the ROM.

can you confirm if it really does enable wireless n?
 
I am convinced the wireless is so much better on this radio! I am getting much better range, and it is working! I was sitting in a spot where my wireless used to be 1 bar or less, and I managed to copy a 15mb file from the phone without problems....took a while, like 30 seconds or so, but wow!

Also another warning...do watch out that the phone does not get in the way of more important things! That's all I am gonna say!
 
Hey bud, when did you order it? I orderd mine last Sunday and they told me I'd be receiving it in three working days. I'm still waiting. OVERBOARD DEPRESSED lol. What did they say to you?

Who did you order from?
I am waiting today for feedback on how long it will take. Ordered mine from Expansys.
 
hi everyone just got my htc desire.friday:) loving it
but when i set mobile networks to on.it keeps downloading something.im not sure what it is?
i've disabled gmail autosyc and stuff.
can someone help me find whats using my data connection and how do i disable it?
can anyone recommend a good data counter widget so i can monitor how much is actually being used
another thing is.sometimes google ads come at bottom of an app?is there a way to disable that?
 
hi everyone just got my htc desire.friday:) loving it
but when i set mobile networks to on.it keeps downloading something.im not sure what it is?
i've disabled gmail autosyc and stuff.
can someone help me find whats using my data connection and how do i disable it?
can anyone recommend a good data counter widget so i can monitor how much is actually being used
another thing is.sometimes google ads come at bottom of an app?is there a way to disable that?

If you have data sync on then usually something keeps downloading. I used an app called Netcounter, but there are many more. Not sure which one works best though.

About the Ad's...that's usually free versions of apps. If that happens a lot of the time they have a Pro/Pay version which has ad's removed. Remember, 60% or more of Android apps are free, so they have to find an alternative stream of revenue, so if you use a free version, ad's is the way they do it.
 
i have disabled automatic data sync and stuff
so i still dono whats downloading
now i have to keep disabling mobile data when im not using it?
do you leave it on all the time?
 
i think it was gtalk.set it not to auto log in.seems okay now.will monitor it:)
 
i have disabled automatic data sync and stuff
so i still dono whats downloading
now i have to keep disabling mobile data when im not using it?
do you leave it on all the time?
you should turn off your "always connected to mobile internet", under settings, there is a standard widget that you can add to desktop that will turn off the mobile for you.
 
are you guys using a screen protector? if yes which name and does it hamper the touch interface of the htc desire?
 
are you guys using a screen protector? if yes which name and does it hamper the touch interface of the htc desire?

the matted one from lab88, it does not hamper touch screen is washable, and fingerprint proof
 
you should turn off your "always connected to mobile internet", under settings, there is a standard widget that you can add to desktop that will turn off the mobile for you.

i have been using that but i would think it should be kept on and only when i open a program is shud use it?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X