Official ICC 2015 CWC thread

It is good to Michael Clarke back in action. He has had to work through a lot in recent times.

Do you think Australia are stronger with him? I definitely agree with the dropping of Watson...it's long overdue.
 
Do you think Australia are stronger with him? I definitely agree with the dropping of Watson...it's long overdue.

I think they're just resting him vs. the minnows, so that he doesn't injure himself in a nothing match - he is a bit of a glass man, after all. I'd be quite surprised if he's fit for the Sri Lankan match but doesn't play.

EDIT: But I agree he has done nothing recently to deserve his spot.
 
Hamid Hassan has asked Dawlat for his bat as he walks out. Or maybe he lent him his bat earlier?

James: "To be fair, Dawlat didn't actually use the bat to make contact with the ball!"

Wow! This is actually true. He backed away from the previous 3 deliveries. Poor thing. :D
 
Do you think Australia are stronger with him? I definitely agree with the dropping of Watson...it's long overdue.

Nope. Watson has been struggling for a while now. Clarke is definitely not in the best form he once enjoyed. But it is still good to him there.
 
Quite a good score by Scotland 318/8, 156 by someone with a good Scottish surname of Coetzer :D
 
Smart. Very smart :D. Try "only 2 out of the top 6 can play cricket", or "three out of the top seven can play cricket".

Quit bashing the minnows. We also conceded something huge http://www.espncricinfo.com/wc2007/engine/current/match/247478.html

And were well on our way to conceding way more again against Australia http://www.espncricinfo.com/wc2007/engine/match/247506.html, except in a Semi-Final my friend!

Poin it it can happen to anyone, and we could've appeared in that top ten list twice - more times than BAN, KEN, IRE, BER, ZIM, AFG&CAN, all of whom at least would've require more than one tournament to achieve what we would have done in just one tournament.

See, there are many ways to swat the argument that the minnows don't belong. The only way they can belong is through such thumpings ... something that none of the Full Members are immune to.

That's not what I was alluding too. It was that the good stats, don't actually mean a thing because the opposition is weak.

Much like the following stats: 2nd lowest score in a world cup is held by Sri Lanka (37/1); only because they had just beaten Canada who scored 36 all out.
The highest team total ever was scored against the Netherlands.

I enjoy having the minnows in the mix!
 
This is now Bangladesh's highest World Cup total. Wardlaw back on as well

I wish I could bring myself to feel anything more than "huh?" for this achievement by the minnow... but I can't. It's against Scotland and this isn't welcomed in the slightest bit :mad:
 
Not the most exciting day for the CWC. Just one game with 2 minnows slogging it out. The only thing that could possibly make this day worth it, is if the minnow were to perform a choke of catastrophically, epic proportions and lose from here.
 
Scotland 318/8 (50.0 ov)
Bangladesh 314/4 (47.2 ov)
Bangladesh require another 5 runs with 6 wickets and 16 balls remaining

Choke! Dammit! :mad:
 
Bangladesh won by 6 wickets (with 11 balls remaining)

Crestfallen!

/with apologies to sand_man
 
Things get interesting here for England as they need to win both games. Bangladesh and Aus just need a point (and better NRR). Also, IF we thump Pak, Ireland will be brought back into the mix.
 
Things get interesting here for England as they need to win both games. Bangladesh and Aus just need a point (and better NRR). Also, IF we thump Pak, Ireland will be brought back into the mix.
I've got the Bangles to beat the Poms :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X