ZCFOutkast
Expert Member
Ouch. That's seriously painful. Broken no doubt.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Ouch. That's seriously painful. Broken no doubt.
I doubt it. They'll unleash Finn, Jimmy, Broad&Jordan on them and they'll struggle to make 180. At worst, 120 run win or 5 wicket win for England.I've got the Bangles to beat the Poms![]()
Interesting thing no one has picked on. When you're playing again a minnow and you win the toss you bowl first and try and bundle them out for a paltry score. Chasing would be a breeze and and everyone goes home early.
The new thing is to bat first and try and post 500 ensuring that records are broken or ar least one batsman gets to go ballistic and uplift the team?
It's better for their nett run rate to let the opposition get say 400 at most (8.0 runs per over) and getting bowled out for 100(2.00 runs per over) - which is a nrr loss of 6.00 for the game, than bat first, get out for 100, and the opponents get that within 8 overs(12.5 runs per over) with 9 wickets down, coz they can attack the smaller total, and the small team loses 10.5 NRR for the specific game.
That's how I see it anyway. Maybe they have other reasons.
I've got the Bangles to beat the Poms![]()
Then they'd have no money to finance the frequent matchups comprising 5 days of continuous cricket all happening simutaneously but no one watches.As much as I love the CWC, this waiting between games is killing me. They really could have done 2 games per day in this pool stage.
As much as I love the CWC, this waiting between games is killing me. They really could have done 2 games per day in this pool stage.
As much as I love the CWC, this waiting between games is killing me. They really could have done 2 games per day in this pool stage.
I need moar! Can't just a result by 9am and the have to wait all day for another!What waiting between games? There's a game on everyday, just about! I'm battling to find the time to watch it all!
I need moar! Can't just a result by 9am and the have to wait all day for another!
I need moar! Can't just a result by 9am and the have to wait all day for another!
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/843787.htmlProblem is, teams/players and umpires all need rest. Otherwise, more games means more umpires etc., and then you need to start hiring even more sub-standard umpires.
Two pools of eight, in the same format as we are watching now, but with a day match and a day-night match at weekends and on three alternate days of the week. This allows for 12 matches each week to complete the pool stages in a month.
The television crews need time to move from venue to venue, while the sponsors and advertisers would not accept a clash of too many games televised at the same time on different channels. With a blend of daytime and day-night matches, the television overlap would apply only to the afternoon session. Granted, the finessing of the schedule is not as simple as it may first seem. But it can be done if the will is strong.
Problem is, teams/players and umpires all need rest. Otherwise, more games means more umpires etc., and then you need to start hiring even more sub-standard umpires.
Gayle storm looming?
Considering the standard that has been set at this world cup, they can't be much worse...
Also as to rest during bilateral series the teams play every second or third day. So sry don't buy that excuse. This is all to do about the tv rights companies and the advertisers wanting only one game per day to maximize their exposure...
Sachin Tendulkar wants a 25-team CWC. http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/841887.htmlConsidering the standard that has been set at this world cup, they can't be much worse...
Also as to rest during bilateral series the teams play every second or third day. So sry don't buy that excuse. This is all to do about the tv rights companies and the advertisers wanting only one game per day to maximize their exposure...