Official ICC 2015 CWC thread

I will just be following on twitter from 5:00 to 5:45 then listening on radio 2000 until I get to work then keeping up to date on crictinfo.

i have managed to stream 2 games so far this world cup. SA v IND and SA v PAK.
thinking I should not stream this game...
 
I nearly posted a response there, but I figure he is just shouting into the storm. he did deserve the ban tbh.
meh. good riddance
 
I'll pvr the game. Will wake up a 5am and will watch till 7am. I fast forward between balls. I can watch an over in about a minute so by 7am I'll be up-to-date. Then off to the office where I will watch a live feed, probably Supersports (will listen to Radio 2000 commentary during the 30 minute commute to work).
 
I'll pvr the game. Will wake up a 5am and will watch till 7am. I fast forward between balls. I can watch an over in about a minute so by 7am I'll be up-to-date. Then off to the office where I will watch a live feed, probably Supersports (will listen to Radio 2000 commentary during the 30 minute commute to work).

game starts at 3am. innings break should be around 6:30 /6:45. game to start around 7:15 / 7:30am...
 
I will be up & watching it.. i figure by the time i go to work I already know if its gonna be a good day or bad with one innings completed :P
 
I'm hoping he won't need to at all with the top order taking control

Very wishful thinking! Boult and Southee have been unplayable so far! Likely to continue tomorrow! First 10 overs are going to critical! Going to be scary to watch!
 
I hope AB has a magical innings after coming in at the 30th over. If he comes in before the 10th over is over, his magical innings might be just enough to keep us in the game. If he can come in after 30 overs, then he can put us ahead of the game.
 
I hope AB has a magical innings after coming in at the 30th over. If he comes in before the 10th over is over, his magical innings might be just enough to keep us in the game. If he can come in after 30 overs, then he can put us ahead of the game.

100% agreed. QDK, Amla, Faf and Rillie need to play a platform from which AB can launch an assault.
 
So, revert back to what works for us - slow in the first 10-15, then accelerate

but how slow is slow? If we were 50/2 after 15, i'd be very worried.

we need to get to 100 around the 21/22 over and get to 200 by 38, launch in the final 12.

go at 4.8 in the first 20 odd, near 5.5 in the the next 20 and go Boom in the last 10.
 
So, revert back to what works for us - slow in the first 10-15, then accelerate

Agreed. Would be happy if we were 45-55 without loss after 15.

Also what's a good score at Eden Park? It's a small ground but not a high scoring ground, especially if the ball is swinging. 250 batting first could be a winning score!

Capture.PNG
 
Last edited:
Not forgetting what if we chase. I'm guessing they'll make about 350, and we have to be ready mentally to chase that.

Of course we've got the players, but we must not be more than 90 away from whatever the target is after 40, with at least 7 wickets in hand, because scoreboard pressure can be a bitch. Totally different mentality compared to setting a target - we've seen this twice already this world cup.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X