Official ICC World T20 thread

Lol, was about to say the same thing.

Pakistan in a final is horrid.... the fold badly (or is it cause their salaries increase a bit if they do :p j/k)

Ye Pakis are useless in finals...
SA are.... wait they never made a WC final:p
 
Morgoth there is really no way to set targets dude. I think the ICC needs to be more intelligent and think ok we having a WC in england good chance of rain problems and keep the next day open or something.

Surely they know england is not the best place to have rain free cricket.
 
I just read about the Ducckworth-lewish method, shockingly it is based on past scores and not a simple mathematic formula :O

Well, the formula is based on past scores but not the result. They've derived the formula by looking at past games - this doesn't mean that those games affect the outcome of a particular match where D/L is used.

I think that D/L is okay for 50 over games. I'm not sure that it works or has been properly calibrated for T20 yet.
 
Morgoth there is really no way to set targets dude. I think the ICC needs to be more intelligent and think ok we having a WC in england good chance of rain problems and keep the next day open or something.

Surely they know england is not the best place to have rain free cricket.

if Wimbledon could afford a roof why cant lords ?:P
 
I think it is rather poor for t20, i mean the WI's had 9 overs to get 80 runs with 10 wickets in hand. Seemed a bit unfair to me.
 
I think it is rather poor for t20, i mean the WI's had 9 overs to get 80 runs with 10 wickets in hand. Seemed a bit unfair to me.

I don't see though why they cant let the games continue at times? ok yes if another one is scheduled afterwords then it would be a problem, but half the time there is almost a free day left?
 
Is it raining there today??:eek:
They prepared a new pitch for todays game right? A faster pitch?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X