Official ICS update for Samsung Galaxy s2

Kokkerot

So apparently the official ICS has been released today for the Samsung Galaxy S2.

Anyone knows someone from Vodacom that can give us an update on when we will get it?

Must say I am pretty excited about this :D so I really hope that we will not be last in the queue.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
With the original SGS we got it about 3-4 months later, lets hope it is not the same this time around

memphis32

Knowing Vodacom, give them about a month with the update before they roll it out.... It's a pity we don't have international unbranded version, maybe some of us do have those...

mcryan

Expert Member
As far as I know the carriers don't have anything to do with this update. We should all be seeing it available through Kies within the next few days, no?

russellO

As far as I know the carriers don't have anything to do with this update. We should all be seeing it available through Kies within the next few days, no?

I read somewhere that each carrier tests it on their network before releasing it.

mcryan

Expert Member
I read somewhere that each carrier tests it on their network before releasing it.

I've read that as well but I don't think it applies to the 9100 as it's more of a global product rather than a carrier specific model. It's been released today over a whole range of carriers in Europe. I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not :)

boramk

Bammed
OMFG ITS AMAZING!

I didn't even know it was up, Kies just popped up in my screen while I was browsing and said a new update was out..

So far, and its only been 3min, I'm SUPER impressed!

Pseudonym

Downloading it on a 384 line is painful, and at around 60% it timed out. Sammobile doesn't have the SA one yet either. I'm going to go cry somewhere...

mcryan

Expert Member
OMFG ITS AMAZING!

I didn't even know it was up, Kies just popped up in my screen while I was browsing and said a new update was out..

So far, and its only been 3min, I'm SUPER impressed!

How did you get it so soon? Still not showing up on my side. Did you buy your phone in SA?

qc_fs

Just updated mine using Odin Mobile, quick and painless :) Must say the phone feels a lot faster.