Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF bettings odds on England beating Italy:

England Win: 2.50
Draw: 3.20
Italy Win: 2.88
 
welbeck rooney bebe macheda berba chicharito and now another 2 maybe

wtf ...we dont need half those strikers
I dont think half those strikers will feature

You looking at your first choice - Rooney-Wellbeck-Chica-? (he who cannot be named till its a done deal):D

Berba - will be sold
Mecheda - may be loaned out or kept if needed to compete in cups
Bebe - Really? I mean really? but if he does prove himself who knows - Maybe same as Mecheda situation
Henriquez - may be loaned out or kept if needed to compete in cups

We need depth if we want to compete in all competitions
 
Bah, guess we'll have to wait another year for a decent midfielder :(

How do you define as a "decent" midfielder ? SAF doesnt sign big names to midfield positions. They become decent midfielders at Man U.

In fact he rarely signs big names to any position. Unlike Man City, (they see who Man U, Chelsea etc. are going for and then offer them more), who dont know talent, United look for players who can grow into the squad.
 
How do you define as a "decent" midfielder ? SAF doesnt sign big names to midfield positions. They become decent midfielders at Man U.

In fact he rarely signs big names to any position. Unlike Man City, (they see who Man U, Chelsea etc. are going for and then offer them more), who dont know talent, United look for players who can grow into the squad.
I'm not necessarily asking for a big name midfielder. Just one that can hold his own or even dominate when playing top teams.

Yaya Toure tore us a new one last season. Who, in the current squad, can prevent that from happening again? Carrick? Anderson?
Giggs? Scholes?

Injuries aside, I do think Cleverley might be just that player.

Regarding not signing big names: Roy Keane was bought ;)
(Long time ago, I know)
 
I'm not necessarily asking for a big name midfielder. Just one that can hold his own or even dominate when playing top teams.

Yaya Toure tore us a new one last season. Who, in the current squad, can prevent that from happening again? Carrick? Anderson?
Giggs? Scholes?

Injuries aside, I do think Cleverley might be just that player.

Regarding not signing big names: Roy Keane was bought ;)
(Long time ago, I know)

Veron. Ince.
 
welbeck rooney bebe macheda berba chicharito and now another 2 maybe

wtf ...we dont need half those strikers

Nonsense. We can just play a squad of solely strikers and then hope we outscore the opposition. (Not serious)

I hope Fergie has an ace up his sleeve before the transfer period ends.
 
Not even a little bit excited?

Honestly, no. Watch how he picks up a season long injury 3 games into the season.

And as has been said, Arsenal was built around RvP last season which is why he did so well. I don't see him doing as well at United when every single player isn't trying to give him the ball.

I really believe the money could have been better spent. He's 29 as well.
 
So RvP is basically ours and it looks like Fergie is hoarding strikers. If RvP can stay in some sort of form and injury free, we will be pretty deadly up front with Rooney+RvP+Kagawa not to mention Nani, Young and Valencia (2 of the 3) providing support from the wings. Probably needed a decent midfielder instead but Fergie is gonna Fergie
 
Midfield is still lacking if you ask me. Defense as well. Striker is the last position we should be buying more players for.

Agreed.. We need a strong tough tackling midfielder like yann m'vila and we need baines at lb and maicon at rb...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X