Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think Welbeck is a good player? I think he shows a lot of promise and potential.

As a striker NO way in hell he can't finish for crap! As a CM yeah he runs closes gaps and breaks up play well, plus he holds the ball up a lot better than Fellaini at the moment.
 
I'm losing faith in Moyes very fast. Saying that he'd take a draw ahead of the game is something no United manager should even think, let alone say. And against Cardiff. What small time s**t is this?

Related question: if Moyes experiences no success with United, how much time do you think he'd be afforded? Three or four years? Longer?
 
Big game tonight. If we lose, I don't see us finishing top of the group. Leverkusen are not going to lose against Sociedad in the final game of the group. If we lose and Shakhtar win tonight (which they will), we'll be sitting 2nd, above Shakhtar on goal difference (unless they win big and we lose big) in which case we're third.

Leverkusen haven't lost at home since March. Doesn't help our midfield is depleted and RvP and Vidic have not travelled either.

I'd be so happy with a draw tonight!
 
Related question: if Moyes experiences no success with United, how much time do you think he'd be afforded? Three or four years? Longer?

Sounds about right. I don't think United will look to get rid of him anytime soon, unless things go really really wrong.
 
I'm losing faith in Moyes very fast. Saying that he'd take a draw ahead of the game is something no United manager should even think, let alone say. And against Cardiff. What small time s**t is this?

Related question: if Moyes experiences no success with United, how much time do you think he'd be afforded? Three or four years? Longer?

Moyes was the wrong choice to begin with but he is United manager now and needs support.
 
Mourinho or someone else qualified. Moyes' record did not justify his appointment. The hope now is that he can defy the odds and make the step up.

I would have never taken that job. I would have told them to hire someone else and come speak to me when he gets fired.

Once the person after SAF has "failed", whomever comes in will be compared to him and not Fergie. Moyes will be United's "rebound girl".
 
Mourinho or someone else qualified. Moyes' record did not justify his appointment. The hope now is that he can defy the odds and make the step up.

Have you seen how Chelsea are currently doing?

I doubt he would have taken the job. Our squad is too weak for him.
 
Have you seen how Chelsea are currently doing?

Above United, 3 points off top, still favourite for the title and qualified for CL knockout stages.

I doubt he would have taken the job. Our squad is too weak for him.

I have absolutely no doubt that he thought the United job was his and his return to Chelsea was a result of being spurned by United.

Whether or not he would've been the right choice is up for debate but he definitely had the credentials, unlike Moyes.
 
Last edited:
I would have never taken that job. I would have told them to hire someone else and come speak to me when he gets fired.

Once the person after SAF has "failed", whomever comes in will be compared to him and not Fergie. Moyes will be United's "rebound girl".

Whoever followed SAF at United was screwed.
 
Above United, 3 points off top, still favourite for the title and qualified for CL knockout stages.

I have absolutely no doubt that he thought the United job was his and his return to Chelsea was a result of being spurned by United.

Whether or not he would've been the right choice is up for debate but he definitely had the credentials, unlike Moyes.

Only 3 points above United in the league. 2 losses in the CL. Some very hum drum football being played. All this with a better squad than United.
 
It's pointless judging Moyes at this stage. Still a lot of football left.

I'm just wondering what the board expect from him and what would result in him getting fired.

Not winning anything?
Not ending in the top 4?

We'll have to see I suppose.
 
Mourinho or someone else qualified. Moyes' record did not justify his appointment. The hope now is that he can defy the odds and make the step up.

No. The ''Special One'' is now nothing more than the ''Slightly Above Average One''. He is a locker room cancer as well once things go pear-shaped.

Jurgen Klopp. Klopp and Moyes were the only two managers I would have considered for the job, with first choice being Klopp.
 
De Gea, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Jones, Giggs, Valencia, Kagawa, Nani, Rooney

Kagawa playing in his favourite position tonight. Let's see what he can do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X