Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afraid of competition? Can't keep getting the Basel's and Cluj's forever ;)

What competition? Chelsea were dumped out of the first round of the CL and are battling for fourth, currently sitting 20 points behind United.

Also, because of seeding, United won't meet Chelsea in the group stages of the CL, so your post is invalid :)
 
Last edited:
What competition? Chelsea were dumped out of the first round of the CL and are battling for fourth, currently sitting 20 points behind United.

Also, because of seeding, United won't meet Chelsea in the group stages of the CL, so your post is invalid :)

United were dumped out at the next round, whilst Chelsea are still in Europe :)

Wouldn't really say that we are "battling" in the strictest sense, given we have more points, a considerable goal difference over the others and a game in hand over our closest competitor, but yes, we are very far behind you guys. Hopefully this spurs them on next season.

On a side note- if we win the Europa League and hold onto our top 4 spot, there will be an extra European spot given to English teams... Not too shabby I think.
 
On a side note- if we win the Europa League and hold onto our top 4 spot, there will be an extra European spot given to English teams... Not too shabby I think.
Please no, you would possibly be giving Pool a place in Europe :sick:
 
United were dumped out at the next round, whilst Chelsea are still in Europe :)

Yes, so again, what competition?

Wouldn't really say that we are "battling" in the strictest sense, given we have more points, a considerable goal difference over the others and a game in hand over our closest competitor, but yes, we are very far behind you guys. Hopefully this spurs them on next season.

Except that Chelsea still play United, Everton and Spurs, while also competing in the Europa League.

Arsenal play Wigan, QPR and Newcastle.

Spurs play Southampton, Stoke, Chelsea and Sunderland (no game in hand over them).

Very definition of battling, I'd say.


On a side note- if we win the Europa League and hold onto our top 4 spot, there will be an extra European spot given to English teams... Not too shabby I think.

Still reckon winners of Europa should be given a CL spot.
 
Yes, so again, what competition?

The team that has more recently won the Champions League of the two and is still in European competition? Oh, wait, I should be asking you what competition ;)

Except that Chelsea still play United, Everton and Spurs, while also competing in the Europa League.

Three of those games are at home, which does slightly help...

Arsenal play Wigan, QPR and Newcastle.

Two teams battling relegation (can't count QPR really).

Spurs play Southampton, Stoke, Chelsea and Sunderland (no game in hand over them).

They have it tough.

Very definition of battling, I'd say.

If we were in Spurs' position, I would agree with you.


Still reckon winners of Europa should be given a CL spot.

I agree.
 
The team that has more recently won the Champions League of the two and is still in European competition? Oh, wait, I should be asking you what competition ;)

Point taken, but you know what I mean. Europa League success at this stage doesn't really help your argument since we're talking about Champions League. Using your argument we could say Newcastle is competing with us because they went far in the Europa League. Spurs too.

Three of those games are at home, which does slightly help...

Don't know about that. All of them are going to make it difficult, especially Spurs.



Two teams battling relegation (can't count QPR really).

Doesn't make it that much harder, since Arsenal want CL. As you say, QPR are done and dusted, and Newcastle just got pasted 6-0.



They have it tough.

Maybe against Chelsea and Southampton. They should see off Stoke and Sunderland comfortably.



If we were in Spurs' position, I would agree with you.

I'd say you're in a more difficult position, honestly.

And let's not forget about the Europa League fixture. Benitez seems to want it over Top 4.
 
[video=youtube;DHyRmppm2Ow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DHyRmppm2Ow[/video]

How isn't this a straight red card?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X