Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Moyes will be the next manager. I don't see UNited paying 20mil to buyout Mourinho's contract.

As much as opposing teams dislike Fergie, he is (for now) a great manager. Moyes/Harry for me is the likely choices to replace him. But too be honest, is this the downfall of Utd. Has Fergie been the glue that has kept Utd winning trophies with honestly mediocre squads. Maybe mediocre is a bit harsh, but you know what I mean
 
Last edited:
Sad day indeed. I started supporting United in 1986 the year he took over. Remember meeting Giggs as a teenager along with Mark Hughes and Bryan Robson. This is sad day indeed.

Would not mind having Mourihno take over though. And he can bring Ronaldo back with him. Then it's GG to all other teams in the Premier League again!
 
Last edited:
As much as opposing teams dislike Fergie, he is (for now) a great manager. Moyes/Harry for me is the likely choices to replace him. But too be honest, is this the downfall of Utd. Has Fergie been the glue that has kept Utd winning trophies with honestly mediocre squads.

Agreed in principle... But he is staying on as director, so his influence will still be there, perhaps not as great as before...
 
Really sad news for all United fans. Such a legend. He is everything we know United to be. He was managing United longer than I've even been alive so I cant imagine a United side without this legendary man! All the best to you SAF! You shall be missed for many many years to come!
 
I'm sorry, but this is frankly disgusting. No one calling themselves a fan of football should be reveling in Ferguson's retirement.

I don't consider him a God as you do. I love football. I'm a supporter of football, not a fan. This is the best thing to happen to English football in a long while, and quite possibly the opposite for United.

No coach would be as successful as he has especially lately with the crap team he had at his disposal.
 
Last edited:
I don't consider him a God as you do. I love football. I'm a supporter of football, not a fan. This is the best thing to happen to English football in a long while.

You must have been a "supporter" of football for a whole two weeks with a statement like that.
 
I don't consider him a God as you do. I love football. I'm a supporter of football, not a fan. This is the best thing to happen to English football in a long while, and quite possibly the opposite for United.

No coach would be as successful as he has especially lately with the crap team he had at his disposal.

I don't consider him a god, hell, I don't even support United. But I really disagree with you.

He is THE biggest character in world football. He has a legacy that will most likely never be overshadowed. He has defined a club of United's stature for close to 30 years. He is a cornerstone of the Premier League's success, he made the league what it is today- the largest supported and widely broadcast league in the world.

I don't believe that you are as much of a supporter of football as you say you are, but to each their own.
 
Rumor - Announcement on the replacement within the next 48 hours.
 
Regardless of who the new manager is it's going to be interesting to see what they do wrt to current 1st team. I'm sure even the most deluded Man U fan/supporter will admit that the current 1st team is quite mediocre. Apart from a certain Arsenal ex player of course :p

Ferguson got the best out of players. He got average players to put in 110% effort which was often the difference between one point and three points. That's a very unique trait and I can't really think of any other manager at the moment that could do this. Arguments for Jupp Heynckes and Jürgen Klopp could be made but if you compare the teams, there's a rather clear lack of 'quality' in Man U. And as Mourinho has proved, he can win trophies (with a big enough transfer kitty at his disposal lol) but he can also lose the support of the club's fans and board pretty quickly as well.

Oh well... for us 'neutrals' in the situation it will be interesting at least :)
 
Indeed a very interesting situation and had to come eventually. Scary but exciting......
 
Told ya so. The end is NAA!. No we can fair competition and see how the Man fans will feel the pain of not winning anything
 
As long as Mourinho does not replace him. United will have 2 - 3 great seasons before Mourinho gets bored/destroys the lockerroom/falls out with the board/ostricises the fans or any combination thereof and leaves.
 
On a side note I just want to thank Sir Alex for giving us something else to talk about in the off season (summer). The thought of regularly reading BS transfer rumours for months is nauseating. Especially as an Arsenal supporter - linked to big names from all over the place, nothing happens and then on transfer deadline day we sign some 12 year old Frenchman. Or worse, Wenger heralds all the returning loanees and fit again benchwarmers as 'new signings'. Oh the horror.

Again, thanks Sir Alex. You red-nosed Legend :D
 
On a side note I just want to thank Sir Alex for giving us something else to talk about in the off season (summer). The thought of regularly reading BS transfer rumours for months is nauseating. Especially as an Arsenal supporter - linked to big names from all over the place, nothing happens and then on transfer deadline day we sign some 12 year old Frenchman. Or worse, Wenger heralds all the returning loanees and fit again benchwarmers as 'new signings'. Oh the horror.

Again, thanks Sir Alex. You red-nosed Legend :D
True that...wonder how long this will play out?
 
True that...wonder how long this will play out?

Even if they announce the new chief tomorrow it will be stories of who will he sign, who he'll get rid of etc. Much better than months of club X is going to sign player Z... no wait, player Z's agent says he is happy where he is but there has is interest from club Y blah blah blah bleh...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X