Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want someone to replace/or give Evra a push in the backside ASAP... his pushing up but leaving one too many gaps for my liking

Fabio? What's wrong with the lad? I was under the impression he was even better than Rafael.
 
Fabio? What's wrong with the lad? I was under the impression he was even better than Rafael.

You got the wrong twin, Rafael is doing ok but Fabio just can't seem to make it - hence why his going out on loan next year
 
You got the wrong twin, Rafael is doing ok but Fabio just can't seem to make it - hence why his going out on loan next year

Ah, I thought Fabio was doing fine but it was just Evra that was keeping him out of the team.

Thanks for clearing that up :)
 
Valencia was out best player last season.

I would play 4-4-2, Nani and Valencia on the wings, Kagawa and Scholes/Carrick in the middle and Rooney and BBT (you heard me) up front.

4-4-2 is redundant. I mean it was made redundant by the 4-3-3 that Mourinho brought to England, and now 4-2-3-1 (or a variation thereof) is taking precedent. That's not saying that certain variations of 4-4-2 wouldn't be good, but you need hectically specific players for it (Pirlo/Kaka/Seedorf/Gattuso for the diamond as an eg).
 
4-4-2 is redundant. I mean it was made redundant by the 4-3-3 that Mourinho brought to England, and now 4-2-3-1 (or a variation thereof) is taking precedent. That's not saying that certain variations of 4-4-2 wouldn't be good, but you need hectically specific players for it (Pirlo/Kaka/Seedorf/Gattuso for the diamond as an eg).

United came 2nd with a 4-4-2. Were champions the season before that with mostly a 4-4-2. I agree though, time for something else.
 
United came 2nd with a 4-4-2. Were champions the season before that with mostly a 4-4-2. I agree though, time for something else.

a site i read said a 4-5-1 which would suit kagawa nicely

and if berba leaves that would mean we dont need a 4th striker which would also mean that scholes can play the CAM if kagawa is injured with cleverly fletcher giggs and anderson playing 2nd fiddle to the 2 cm positions
 
a site i read said a 4-5-1 which would suit kagawa nicely

and if berba leaves that would mean we dont need a 4th striker which would also mean that scholes can play the CAM if kagawa is injured with cleverly fletcher giggs and anderson playing 2nd fiddle to the 2 cm positions

No ways. Scholes doesn't advance much, and space is tighter high up the pitch. There's a reason he plays where he does, and should not be moved.

Not to mention he won't be playing a lot anyway.
 
United came 2nd with a 4-4-2. Were champions the season before that with mostly a 4-4-2. I agree though, time for something else.

4-4-2ish, not exactly the rigid 4-4-2 of 1999, and anyway, you didn't use 4-4-2 when you had Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez (which was when you were strongest in the 2000s). Fergie is going 4-4-2 because he doesn't really know better. He's not a tactical genius, he's just an amazing man-manager and sly old fox (and is able to transfer his winning mentality to his players better than 99% of managers out there).

Whatever, classic 4-4-2 is not right at all nowadays, too easy to tear apart.
 
Yeah Fergie has never been brilliant tactically.

If we sign Modric (highly unlikely) we'll probably go 4-2-3-1 ie the same formation I posted on the previous page, just swap in Strootman for Carrick.

Kagawa, as good as he is, actually poses a problem. As good as he is, he actually plays in Rooney's position. Playa 4-4-2 and plonk him in the midfield, we'll never see the best of him. At the same time Rooney says he loves playing behind a main striker, so I can't see him enjoying being upfront with Kagawa behind him.
 
some rumours not sure how true is that some club is going to bid 50mil for nani

that money will be used to fund modric

no matter how much modric costs ...i dont think he justifies price above 25mill
 
some rumours not sure how true is that some club is going to bid 50mil for nani

that money will be used to fund modric

no matter how much modric costs ...i dont think he justifies price above 25mill

27 is the most I would go :) If Nani is going for 50 mill I would sell him :D
 
uhm ....city have cash as well lol

they are idiots ...or well they did buy idiots for big money and never won anything

Well, they won the league. Oh and they hardly bought idiots. They might have a paid a slight premium for players but the players they have are excellent.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X