Official Super Rugby 2014 Thread

I haven't seen the Flip footage or anything but if he gets banned for three weeks and Stephen Moore does not even get cited for his punch on a Reds player, then Flip must have almost killed the guy with his punch.
 
Coetzee experimenting with a new, exciting wing. Finally a change in personnel...

Predicting yet another win for the Stormers this week - sorry Apoc! :p
 
Last edited:
I haven't seen the Flip footage or anything but if he gets banned for three weeks and Stephen Moore does not even get cited for his punch on a Reds player, then Flip must have almost killed the guy with his punch.

Nope, not that bad, but he should have known better.

Also he is south African thus he will naturally get a stiffer penalty.
 
I've also predicted a Stormers win. So that's Bulls and Stormers to win this weekend! And those picks were made stone cold sober.

Dafuq was I thinking? :(
 
I've also predicted a Stormers win. So that's Bulls and Stormers to win this weekend! And those picks were made stone cold sober.

Dafuq was I thinking? :(

Stormers will take the Cheetahs in Bloem, next week is another story... May your team tire the Highlanders enough for us.
 
So quotas are returning in extreme manners I hear. Talk of a 60/40 non white to white split for all domestic teams including Super Rugby. Saru taking the Mbalula cnut rather seriously...
 
So quotas are returning in extreme manners I hear. Talk of a 60/40 non white to white split for all domestic teams including Super Rugby. Saru taking the Mbalula cnut rather seriously...

If this does come to pass NZ and AUS will cancel the current Super rugby agreement / future agreement, and I doubt any European club would want and SA provincial team in the competition they are playing.
 
So quotas are returning in extreme manners I hear. Talk of a 60/40 non white to white split for all domestic teams including Super Rugby. Saru taking the Mbalula cnut rather seriously...

Yip, dunkyd is right. Mbalula changed his mind...
 
Thanks.

That is just plain stupid. But I don't see how it is any worse than the punch of Moore against the Reds. And Moore was never even sanctioned or carded during the game.

Lol, did he even connect? Flipping stupid move!! I sometimes wonder what goes through some of these players minds? His reputation as a dirty player is only now starting to correct itself and he goes and does this. The spotlight will be back on him and next infraction will cost him a 6 week ban!!! Just stupid!!
 
So this weekend?

Blues vs Tahs
I have a weird feeling the blues are going to win by 10+, but the safer money in my limited opinion is the Tahs as the Blues blow hot and cold, and the fact that they are reshuffling their line up again will not help.

Brumbies vs Chiefs
history favours the Brumbies at home, and they also have not been playing bad rugby, grinding out wins more than crushing their rivals.

Sharks vs Highlanders
Sharks at home win easily enough even when they seem to be at only 80%...

Canes vs Reds
Canes are hitting their stride and seem to be the best attacking team at the moment. The Reds have not found the form they are looking for yet.

Force vs Bulls

As much as I wish the bulls will win the smart money will be on the Force. At home they have seen off some big teams this season and last week's loss should bring an extra effort from them come Saturday. The Bulls seem to struggle to close the game. Perhaps this weekend they will succeed.

Cheethas vs Stormers

Of the two teams the Stormers are looking better (by about 1 millimeter). Last weekend's first half showed how the Stormers could run with the ball ain hand and how their forwards should front up. If however they play like in the second half I think the Cheetahs might just knock them over by a margin of 10+.
 
So this weekend?

...

Sharks vs Highlanders
Sharks at home win easily enough even when they seem to be at only 80%...

...

They're holding 100% bit back for the second half of the season. I hope.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X