Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Oh - and any takers on GalaxySense yet? I'm also itching to give it a flash now... Also based on the CM7 kernel, so it's easily flashable from CWM if you're already on Cyanogen or MIUI.
 
I wanted to, but since my MIUI didn't work out I didn't try it out yet. I am on 2.3.3 now so I don't care to much, it doesn't feel like there is a big difference between this and 2.2.1 or maybe it is just me.
 
I wanted to, but since my MIUI didn't work out I didn't try it out yet. I am on 2.3.3 now so I don't care to much, it doesn't feel like there is a big difference between this and 2.2.1 or maybe it is just me.

That's why I decided to go for a complete UI-overhaul ROM. MIUI fits the bill quite nicely, but I'm thinking Sense would be just as different.
 
I'm running Darky's 10 RC3. It works well, I'm impressed with the performance - really fast without even using a lagfix. Was just a pain having to wipe my phone for it.

Only complaints so far are lack of BLN, call recording, and being stuck with the stock Android lockscreen.
 
Anybody else having problems with this phone (Samsung Galaxy S)? Stock standard... no mods or roms. Updated to Froyo 2.2.1 not too long ago.

Today a colleague calls me on my landline telling me he twice tried calling me on my cellphone but, he said, he heard the phone ringing on his phone but I did not answer??? A month back my boss tried calling me and same result. No report of the missed/call in my phone's logs. :confused:

Today after my colleague telling me about the unanswered call I try calling myself to check my phone using my landline and the message I get is 'the subscriber is not available' but I have full signal on my phone. I tried again 5 minutes later and the call goes through no problems.

Am I the only one?

Network : Vodacom, Durban
 
Last edited:
I can confirm that Gingerbread Stock JVB is awesome and the speed is insane! No issues or bugs thus far... Just imagine the performance we'll be having on 2.3.4!

And JVB root is easy - just install Gingerbreak 1.2 and you are good to go!

Do yourself a favor and try it out!

Sent directly from Darth Vader's GT i9000
 
Anybody else having problems with this phone (Samsung Galaxy S)? Stock standard... no mods or roms. Updated to Froyo 2.2.1 not too long ago.

Today a colleague calls me on my landline telling me he twice tried calling me on my cellphone but, he said, he heard the phone ringing on his phone but I did not answer??? A month back my boss tried calling me and same result. No report of the missed/call in my phone's logs. :confused:

Today after my colleague telling me about the unanswered call I try calling myself to check my phone using my landline and the message I get is 'the subscriber is not available' but I have full signal on my phone. I tried again 5 minutes later and the call goes through no problems.

Am I the only one?

Network : Vodacom, Durban

I have never experienced that, but then again I never had the stock rom. I had a problem with my radio where people tried to phone me and it ringed once and then just stopped the call, I fixed that with flashing another rom in odin as the problem was brought forward whenever I just flashed with CWM.

If I where you I would just take it to vodacom to get repaired as you still have your warranty.
 
Oh and I just wanted to give feedback on DebrusRom - I have done 3 days from full charge and I am still on 54% battery live. Had about 9 five minute calls browse the internet but just once and not long at all. It is pretty good on battery life and I installed go launcher to make it look better.
 
Darky Rom 10 final released..anyone tried it yet? Please post your experiences....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Not sure if you guys have seen this on xda but There's a way to improve your GPS signal strength by covering a long strip of plastic on the right of the sim card with prestik. Sorry if this has been posted before!
 
Okay so DebrusRom does about 5-6 Days one one battery charge. The only problem I run into is that whenever I play music while in the car dock, the phone keeps rebooting. He does give a patch for this but I think I will rather stick to Darky after he is finished with his ROM.
 
Okay so DebrusRom does about 5-6 Days one one battery charge. The only problem I run into is that whenever I play music while in the car dock, the phone keeps rebooting. He does give a patch for this but I think I will rather stick to Darky after he is finished with his ROM.

5 - 6 days? lucky you! I get about 2 days max if im lucky and dont use my phone alot at all, never switch it off either.
Currently running baldoz rom
 
5 - 6 days? lucky you! I get about 2 days max if im lucky and dont use my phone alot at all, never switch it off either.
Currently running baldoz rom

The rom is fine and very efficient, but I like my bling more than I like my battery life, so I will be fine with a good rom that only does 1 and a half days. There is little nuisances with this rom that I probably can fix. Like when I charge the phone in the car dock, I don't want the screen to switch off when I am listening to music. This rom is probably specific to save battery life than anything else.

Oh and the 5-6 days is with data off, if that makes a difference, only put it on if I want to check something on the internet or I want to receive my mails, facebook etc. Wifi also off and GPS off.
 
Last edited:
The rom is fine and very efficient, but I like my bling more than I like my battery life, so I will be fine with a good rom that only does 1 and a half days. There is little nuisances with this rom that I probably can fix. Like when I charge the phone in the car dock, I don't want the screen to switch off when I am listening to music. This rom is probably specific to save battery life than anything else.

Oh and the 5-6 days is with data off, if that makes a difference, only put it on if I want to check something on the internet or I want to receive my mails, facebook etc. Wifi also off and GPS off.

Data-off explains the battery life then.
 
Where is the cheapest place to buy a new Galaxy S now? Mine was stolen and I want a new one. I didn't like to R6000+ I was quoted at the Vodacom shop, and with the Galaxy S 2 out the price should drop fast.
 
I saw Incredible had them at R5200 a while back and Incredible isn't the cheapest place around.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X