Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Samsung apparently have had to halt the rollout of gingerbread in Europe for the SGS. Guess that means it will be another long wait for people wanting the offical release.
 
As usual Samsung SA cant give any info on 2.3.3 update for Samsung Galaxy S for SA. I bet we going to wait months....
 
Must admit it seems interesting but I am one of those who don't like change or prefer what I know so Darky's v10 I will continue to wait for.
 
Finally got around to flashing a new ROM and the best candidate seemed to be MIUI RC6. Very very awesome and quite light on memory usage as well! The standard launcher, although very pretty, seems a tad limited though... Luckily there's GO Launcher to the rescue. :D
 
Finally got around to flashing a new ROM and the best candidate seemed to be MIUI RC6. Very very awesome and quite light on memory usage as well! The standard launcher, although very pretty, seems a tad limited though... Luckily there's GO Launcher to the rescue. :D

I wanted to flash MIUI but apparently theres still some minor bugs :-/
 
I wanted to flash MIUI but apparently theres still some minor bugs :-/

I guess it's a it hit or miss at the moment, seeing az my friend couldn't get his externsl SD card working on MIUI, but I'm having absolutely no problems with it at all. Battery life could be slightly better, but seeing as I charge my phone every night it really isn't much of an issue.

I really haven't found anything NOT working yet. Even my MMS worked straight after the flash - something that alluded me whilst on DocROMs...
 
Finally got around to flashing a new ROM and the best candidate seemed to be MIUI RC6. Very very awesome and quite light on memory usage as well! The standard launcher, although very pretty, seems a tad limited though... Luckily there's GO Launcher to the rescue. :D

So how is it after you played with it for a while. I see there is a MIUI version that is overclocked. I am waiting to long for Darky's official release that I think I might try something new.
 
Hmm, flashed Miui RC6_b works fine except I don't pick up any networks, which means i have a big problem. Will see what I can do
 
Hmm, flashed Miui RC6_b works fine except I don't pick up any networks, which means i have a big problem. Will see what I can do

Check your imei, when I flashed miui rc3b a while back it corrupted my imei, and I couldn't get network either.

Flashing back to froyo fixed it, luckily. I used EZrom to get back to froyo.
 
Thanks man, will check now.

Hmm, it seems that I don't have a IMEI number, will flash back to froyo and report back
 
Last edited:
After waiting almost half a day for the stuff to download, my phone works again.
 
After waiting almost half a day for the stuff to download, my phone works again.

Working with or without MIUI? Sometimes it the modem takes a while to initialize, dunno why though... After restarting the phone or applying a theme, it can sometimes take up to 10 minutes for the modem to initialize and to get GSM / WiFi signal. I can honestly report no problems with MIUI so far. I'm really liking it and won't be able to move away from it soon.
 
Working with or without MIUI? Sometimes it the modem takes a while to initialize, dunno why though... After restarting the phone or applying a theme, it can sometimes take up to 10 minutes for the modem to initialize and to get GSM / WiFi signal. I can honestly report no problems with MIUI so far. I'm really liking it and won't be able to move away from it soon.

Working without MIUI, I used EZRom to get back to froyo and then went with DebrusRom, just because it was the only rom I could download that wasn't uploaded using MegaUpload. I am not going to Pay 10 Euro just to get a few Roms. And with megaUpload it downloads really slowly and my download times out, then I can't download from it again in the same day. We should maybe think about having a SGS custom rom repository or something. Debrus still is really fast and stable and uses touchwiz or what ever, but it just doesn't do it for me. Hopefully Darky's rom will be done and stable quickly.
 
My one friend tried the Darky beta and he really didn't like it that much. He's now running a ROM Kitchen 2.3.3 ROM. Maybe that's a route you can take? Then you download it directly from the Kitchen - no file sharing sites involved. :)
 
Just flashed and now running Darky's 9.4... was having endless issues with the 2.2 upgraded stock rom. Man I missed darky's, it just work fn beautifully.
 
My one friend tried the Darky beta and he really didn't like it that much. He's now running a ROM Kitchen 2.3.3 ROM. Maybe that's a route you can take? Then you download it directly from the Kitchen - no file sharing sites involved. :)

Will give it a try.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X