Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Installed the rom but now I'm having the mms problem. Can get them but are unable to send any. Did reset and downloaded them mms settings again but still no joy. Any other tips to check to get mms sending working would be appreciated.


Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

Does your MMS's gets stuck in the queue?
When you goto Access Point Names, Vlive! should be selected, open it and change the APN type at the bottom from "Internet" to "internet+mms" and resend. See if that helps

Is there a stock Froyo SA Vodacom firmware which is able to flash in CWM?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

No, dont think there will ever be one, not through CWM though.


Hi

Does anyone know where I can download the latest [Samsung] Firmware for the i9000 (2.2 I think)? I've tried to urgrade through Kies and it starts but then crashes everytime. I would like to just download the firmware and do it manually instead because Kies is Kuk. =)

I'm on a Cell C contract so not sure if I need a specific version of the latest firmware?

Thanks

Try samfirmware.com , but you will then need to flash with Odin. I would suggest getting recovery mode working first before attempting incase something fails. Search google for "3 button recovery samsung i9000"
 
Last edited:
Has anyone here ever upgraded with the files from samfirmware.com? If so which file did you use and did it work? I see it's all per continent but I cant find a I9000XWJM type file in the Africa/Arabic section. Any ideas? <confused>
 
Has anyone here ever upgraded with the files from samfirmware.com? If so which file did you use and did it work? I see it's all per continent but I cant find a I9000XWJM type file in the Africa/Arabic section. Any ideas? <confused>

All of them worked for me, i downloaded the 2.3.3 somewhere at the bottom of the list
 
So if I can't use Samsung's cr@ppy software to upgrade their OS (which has problems) and I manually upgrade then I void my warrenty. How retarded...
 
Shh, just downgrade it if you ever manage to break your phone too badly, it doesn't log firmware updates.
 
Does your MMS's gets stuck in the queue?
When you goto Access Point Names, Vlive! should be selected, open it and change the APN type at the bottom from "Internet" to "internet+mms" and resend. See if that helps"

Thanx bs, tried that and my MMS's goes thru now. I still don't get the delivery or read notifications, but I can live with that.
 
No launcher or anything. Its completely stock and original. Updated to froyo officially when it came out whenever that was like 2 months ago. But other than that i have not fiddled with any software. It also deleted all my contacts but kept everything else like messages,watsapp conversations and all my media etc.

Im 100% sure i didnt factory reset. The phone was next to me the whole time and kept beeping for battery low and eventually shut down the way it always does when the battery dies.

Anyways iv just restored my contacts and began setting up my homescreens again-its not too much of a big deal, just very odd and im worried it may happen again.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

Just experienced the same thing. According to this thread it's some kind of bug in Froyo:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=998038

Now before I do the factory reset and all the work of changing settings again, I'm thinking of moving to Gingerbread. According to XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1011901
I need to download the version with bootloaders? Do I leave pit and repartition blank in odin? Currently I'm on official XXJPY (2.2.1.). Can anyone help?

Update: Did the update without pit and it went off perfectly. Everything looks good so far.
 
Last edited:
gingerbread started rolling out in Europe yesterday. Anyone have any idea when we will get it?? How long after Europe did we get froyo??
 
Current official ROM & update.zip

Hi everyone,

So I have an interesting issue: My USB port has somehow become corroded enough to only allow charging, but not any type of data transfer. This is problematic as you can imagine as I no longer can use ODIN or Kies to flash firmware.

So I have to send it in to have it repaired under the warranty, but as you are all aware, having a non-official ROM on your phone voids the warranty. I do have a non-official ROM on my phone (JS8 - NEE).

Now, I have to get an official ROM onto my phone before I send it back, so I posted this on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12836115#post12836115

But out of that thread, the following questions have arisen:

1. ROM Kitchen doesn't seem to cook an official base ROM for South Africa. What is the current official ROM (via Kies) and where can I get it? I've checked multiple threads.
2. They mention that I have to "make" the rom into an update.zip file so I can flash it with recovery mode, but how does one "make" a ROM update.zip ready?

Do any of you maybe have access to a saved official ROM? Has anyone flashed a rom using the update.zip method and can give me some advice?

Thanks guys. Just to reiterate - I have done 2 weeks worth of searching so I do apologise if I missed something.

Best, Juan
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone,

So I have an interesting issue: My USB port has somehow become corroded enough to only allow charging, but not any type of data transfer. This is problematic as you can imagine as I no longer can use ODIN or Kies to flash firmware.

So I have to send it in to have it repaired under the warranty, but as you are all aware, having a non-official ROM on your phone voids the warranty. I do have a non-official ROM on my phone (JS8 - NEE).

Now, I have to get an official ROM onto my phone before I send it back, so I posted this on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12836115#post12836115

But out of that thread, the following questions have arisen:

1. ROM Kitchen doesn't seem to cook an official base ROM for South Africa. What is the current official ROM (via Kies) and where can I get it? I've checked multiple threads.
2. They mention that I have to "make" the rom into an update.zip file so I can flash it with recovery mode, but how does one "make" a ROM update.zip ready?

Do any of you maybe have access to a saved official ROM? Has anyone flashed a rom using the update.zip method and can give me some advice?

Thanks guys. Just to reiterate - I have done 2 weeks worth of searching so I do apologise if I missed something.

Best, Juan

... bump
 
Hi everyone,

So I have an interesting issue: My USB port has somehow become corroded enough to only allow charging, but not any type of data transfer. This is problematic as you can imagine as I no longer can use ODIN or Kies to flash firmware.

So I have to send it in to have it repaired under the warranty, but as you are all aware, having a non-official ROM on your phone voids the warranty. I do have a non-official ROM on my phone (JS8 - NEE).

Now, I have to get an official ROM onto my phone before I send it back, so I posted this on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12836115#post12836115

But out of that thread, the following questions have arisen:

1. ROM Kitchen doesn't seem to cook an official base ROM for South Africa. What is the current official ROM (via Kies) and where can I get it? I've checked multiple threads.
2. They mention that I have to "make" the rom into an update.zip file so I can flash it with recovery mode, but how does one "make" a ROM update.zip ready?

Do any of you maybe have access to a saved official ROM? Has anyone flashed a rom using the update.zip method and can give me some advice?

Thanks guys. Just to reiterate - I have done 2 weeks worth of searching so I do apologise if I missed something.

Best, Juan

Closest I could see that is Cwm flashable is from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=948790

XWJS5/OXXJS4/XXJPY (MultiCSC): Download (174.6 MB) MD5:5462e015bd7f5da0fc29b74f12ff885b
(MultiCSC: ATO, AUT, BSE, CNX, COA, COS, CRO, CYO, CYV, EUR, HAT, IRD, KOR, MET, MOT, MOZ, MSR, MTL, O2C, O2I, ONE, ORO, SEB, SIM, SMO, SUN, TMZ, TOP, TPH, TRA, TRG, TSR, TWO, VDH, VDI, VIM, VIP, VVT, XEH, XEO, XEZ, XFA, XFC, XFE, XFM)

http://www.multiupload.com/C1N94WM2BA

Above have correct CSC for unbranded phones xfa /xfm. But if you have Voda branded phone then would need to get correct CSC.
 
Not yet. I'm waiting on the custom kernels before I go to a Gingerbread ROM.

Samsung released the sources yesterday so the new Gingerbread kernels may start popping up this week :)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X