Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

What ROM you flashing? Darky?

yip, is it worth the trouble?
if i install darkys successfully, will my phone be rooted.. or will i have to root again?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Just updated to Froyo 2.2.1 from Eclaire 2.1. Just one question: where is the autumn leaves and ocean waves live wallpapers???
 
Guys another question, hows the battery life on Froyo? Before I updated to Froyo mine was excellent. Just curious how Froyo effects battery life. Thanks
 
How much should a second hand Galaxy S fetch? One year old, all original accessories.
Make an offer if you want mine. Will definitely accept R4000.
 
How much should a second hand Galaxy S fetch? One year old, all original accessories.
Make an offer if you want mine. Will definitely accept R4000.

I got mine for R3200 like brand new... Not a scratch, looked like it was never used...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
I got mine for R3200 like brand new... Not a scratch, looked like it was never used...

Damn you got a good deal!

Mine has some scratching but it's in good condition. Still not sure I even made the right choice in upgrading to the S2...
 
Picked up my phone for R2300, phone only 2 months old the pervious owner didn't like touch screens.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Will download Darky's Rom tonight. Got used to it on froyo, and this gingerbread I am running is starting to annoy me.
 
Flashed yesterday for the 1st time...
was easier then i thought.. I just dont like when the phone reboots for the 1st time it takes for ever to load.... I was getting paranoid but all went well....
Darky 10.1 is awesome so far!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Flashed yesterday for the 1st time...
was easier then i thought.. I just dont like when the phone reboots for the 1st time it takes for ever to load.... I was getting paranoid but all went well....
Darky 10.1 is awesome so far!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

You can say that again. Not my first flash but Darky 10.1 is great!
Did my flash on Tuesday and everything is just that little bit faster and smoother.
Used Titanium backup and so far everything is working 100%
And the new theme looks great.
 
You can say that again. Not my first flash but Darky 10.1 is great!
Did my flash on Tuesday and everything is just that little bit faster and smoother.
Used Titanium backup and so far everything is working 100%
And the new theme looks great.

The only problem im finding is mybroadband app, when i start it up and it loads,it crashes,then i must start it again....
Is yours running fine?


Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Guys another question, hows the battery life on Froyo? Before I updated to Froyo mine was excellent. Just curious how Froyo effects battery life. Thanks

Im finding gingerbreads battery is better then froyos...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Gingerbreads battery is better than froyo.

I see darky also put his rom on torrents, much better for me :)
 
Gingerbreads battery is better than froyo.
I was starting to believe the opposite at some point. I was running MIUI for quite a while (with known batter drain, due to CM7 kernel), but flashed the European JVO ROM a few weeks ago, just to see what Sammy's been up to. I was shocked when my battery (after flashing on a full battery) only lasted until around 18:00 each evening, after a full charge the previous night. This went on for a couple of days, after which I forgot to charge my phone one evening and it got completely drained. I then did a full charge before using it again and can now quite happily confirm that I get 3 days of moderate use out of the battery, after which I charge it with around 20% juice remaining!
 
The only problem im finding is mybroadband app, when i start it up and it loads,it crashes,then i must start it again....
Is yours running fine?


Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

Don't have that problem. Just check again, and the 4 times I used it today no problem.
Mayby try to clear the app's settings or reinstall?
 
Just out of interest, why is is better?

The best I could find is this
Improved power management

The Android system takes a more active role in managing apps that are keeping the device awake for too long or that are consuming CPU while running in the background. By managing such apps — closing them if appropriate — the system helps ensure best possible performance and maximum battery life.

The system also gives the user more visibility over the power being consumed by system components and running apps. The Application settings provides an accurate overview of how the battery is being used, with details of the usage and relative power consumed by each component or application.

From this website:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.3-highlights.html

And I installed Darky yesterday, feels so much better than that DebusROM I was running. It does seem to use more battery power than Debus though, but for me that isn't a biggie.
 
Guys another question, hows the battery life on Froyo? Before I updated to Froyo mine was excellent. Just curious how Froyo effects battery life. Thanks

For me the big battery drainer on Froyo was the JPY modem. I have tested quite a number of modems subsequently, JQ1 was pretty good. I am testing JVK as of today. It has good reports over at XDA.
 
I've finally decided to flash my galaxy s with gingerbread. For now I'm just trying to flash stock gingerbread using this guide.
I've gotten to the point where I have ADB working and Odin picks up my phone when in download mode, but when I click start to flash the firmware I get the following message:
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I have a feeling that Odin cant find the firmware that I want to flash, but I'm not sure.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X