Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Yes, all my contacts are on gmail. I now only use gmail contacts. Don't know how I got it there in the first place any more.
 
Upgraded to GB seems quite fast. Darkys Rom V10.1

my launcherpro is playing up it doesnt let me scroll properly in the App Drawer.
 

I see you stay in Roodeport, if it is not to far then you can drive to midrand to vodacom world. There is a samsung branch there that will have it. Don't know if there is a closer one though.
 
So far it seems that there is a huge improvement in GB battery life.

on Darky 9.5 it used to use around 15 - 20% battery on standby during the night.

Now it only uses 5%
 
So far it seems that there is a huge improvement in GB battery life.

on Darky 9.5 it used to use around 15 - 20% battery on standby during the night.

Im seeing almost double improvement!!

Now it only uses 5%



Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Im seeing at least 1/4 extra battery life if not more on gb
Lol pls ignore above post...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Hey, was just wondering. What would be the best way to sync everything. Facebook birthdays, meetings, contacts, google calendar, outlook etc.
 
Hi guys

I upgraded to Darky 10.1 this weekend, and one thing that has me stumped is that whenever I'm typing now (GB keyboard or Swype) I used to be able to double-tap a word to select the word, now it only puts the little handlebar there (same as a single-tap), and I have to long-press and choose 'select word' to get the whole word highlighted.

Has anybody else picked this up? Is there anything I can do about it?
 
Ja, it is quite annoying, but I am sure you can install another keyboard, can't you?
 
I also upgraded to Darky's 10.1 this weekend (my very first custom rom). I'm quite impressed. Unfortunately the battery drain problems are still there (I was on JVH Samsung Gingerbread before and hoping this might solve it). As for the keyboard Tygerr, I suggest Swiftkey, it's worth paying for, but the Swiftkey X beta is free right now (and it's quite good).
 
I have now flashed the latest gingebread speedmod kernel over juwe's ROM. And it is definitely the best configuration I've had yet.
Has anyone flashed both darky's 10.1 and Juwe's 4.3.1 ROM? How do they compare?
 
I have just used the normal copilot and I wasn't too impressed. Don't think the traffic thing will be to accurate in SA.
 
@D1RTY D4WG & @phoneJunky
I use CoPilot and I absolutely dig it! I does a really good job (IMO) and for a price I was definitely comfortable paying. I wrote some stuff about it here.
 
@D1RTY D4WG & @phoneJunky
I use CoPilot and I absolutely dig it! I does a really good job (IMO) and for a price I was definitely comfortable paying. I wrote some stuff about it here.

I just think I have been used to brut maps by the time I tried copilot, so it wasn't working the way I expected it.

Oh and I just noticed that if I charged my phone on USB and browse and stuff. When I reach 100% it stays 100% the whole time the it is plugged in and as soon as I plug it out it goes to where the battery really is. Like it doesn't run of the USB power when it is plugged in. This is on Darky btw, don't know if it is like this on all the roms.
 
Oh and I just noticed that if I charged my phone on USB and browse and stuff. When I reach 100% it stays 100% the whole time the it is plugged in and as soon as I plug it out it goes to where the battery really is. Like it doesn't run of the USB power when it is plugged in. This is on Darky btw, don't know if it is like this on all the roms.

Modern chargers don't force the battery to stay at 100% when plugged in, they let it drop to around 90%, otherwise the battery would wear out in a few months.
Newer ROMs just show the reading differently, that's all.
 
Good news. Juwe has said that his 2.3.4 rom might be released by thursday.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X