Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Check the Google tutorial on how to sync contacts to gmail. Maybe create an acc for it. I did that with my n95 and then they all pulled down to my droid when I put the acc details in to droid.

*Sent from my Android using Tapatalk pro MyBB version*
 
Jpo is a bit faster that jpm, less force closes and better gps. Other than that similar

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

Yeah, I've realized that. I get a GPS signal quite quickly now and it seems to be more accurate than before... It might just be my imagination as well, because I haven't used the GPS much on either JPM or JPO.
 
Just flashed jpo with odin.. Touchwiz feels slower.. Gonna load up some apps and see how it goes..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
 
For those who used the registry hack to update to froYo last time...what do you plan on doing this time?
 
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem before with KIES,
when I open KIES, it will tell me theres an update available.. I click yes to download, After a while I get presented with a message saying: " The internet is not connected, do you want to check the connection and try again"
Obviously, my internet is on and never gives any problems. Even switched off the firewall. Anyone else experienced this before?

I already uninstalled KIES, and installed it again.. problem still persists :/
 
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem before with KIES,
when I open KIES, it will tell me theres an update available.. I click yes to download, After a while I get presented with a message saying: " The internet is not connected, do you want to check the connection and try again"
Obviously, my internet is on and never gives any problems. Even switched off the firewall. Anyone else experienced this before?

I already uninstalled KIES, and installed it again.. problem still persists :/

Tried finding an old version of KIES online? What firmware is it offering you anyway?
 
Hi Guys.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S i9000 for sale. It is still brand new and SEALED in the box (upgraded my contract, bought new phone a month ago). It is in the classifieds section as well. Please PM me for more details or to make an offer, as I do not follow this thread.
 
Can't believe I've been trapped in this whole custom ROM flashing cycle... This is my third flash in less than a week! :eek:
 
What's a good price for this phone on prepaid? Incredible connection selling it for R5699 and Vodacom want R6499 (!). Anyone know where I can get it cheaper?
 
Tried finding an old version of KIES online? What firmware is it offering you anyway?

Update available for KIES, not my phone. Im on 2.2 so I doubt there would be any firmwares available right now.
Old KIES wants to update to a newer version the whole time
 
Hi,

I'm looking for the original product code for the Vodacom Branded SGS - think it might be GT-I9000HKDXFV?

Also is this correct for the original PDA, CSC, and Phone Values:

PDA: I9000XWJM3
CSC: I9000XFVJM1
Phone: I9000XXJM2?


Currently running Froyo on using the XEU Productcode, but is interested in seeing when the official Vodacom version goes live...


Thanks,
D
 
Okay so the "big announcement " made by Samsung was their continuum phone and not a nexus 2" or "nexus S" just yet. I'm just glad it has almost the same specs as our phone. Hilarious that its running v2.1 though
 
Update available for KIES, not my phone. Im on 2.2 so I doubt there would be any firmwares available right now.
Old KIES wants to update to a newer version the whole time

That is good news then, because right before they released froyo they released the update for kies in the UK, accourding to what I read on XDA forums...
 
Do all these custom roms that one can get from xda contain the new updates that are contained in Froyo? Like the better gmail, flash and exchange support? I'm a bit weiry of taking the jump to a custom rom.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X