Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Sorry, should have been more specific. Its called "antivirus free". Speaking of Wi-Fi, for those who want to transfer files from their PC to their galaxy, j recommend "swiftp", found in the market.
 
Sorry, should have been more specific. Its called "antivirus free". Speaking of Wi-Fi, for those who want to transfer files from their PC to their galaxy, j recommend "swiftp", found in the market.

This can also be done with astro file manager :)
 
I received a nasty surprise yesterday. SMS from Vodacom informing me that my 110mb data bundle was 71% used. This is only after one day and I only made calls and a bit of browsing for about 5 minutes. The phone died at about 16:00.

I then looked at our Vodacom account and my business partner's bill for data last month was R850. He also recently moved over to the Galaxy. This never happened on our Windows Mobile phones, hence my 110mb data plan.

Anyone else experienced this?

Ask your IT guys to join your phone to the wireless network, if you have one. This way you can save some data on your bundle. :)

Sorry, should have been more specific. Its called "antivirus free". Speaking of Wi-Fi, for those who want to transfer files from their PC to their galaxy, j recommend "swiftp", found in the market.

Nice app, ty.
 
I received a nasty surprise yesterday. SMS from Vodacom informing me that my 110mb data bundle was 71% used. This is only after one day and I only made calls and a bit of browsing for about 5 minutes. The phone died at about 16:00.

I then looked at our Vodacom account and my business partner's bill for data last month was R850. He also recently moved over to the Galaxy. This never happened on our Windows Mobile phones, hence my 110mb data plan.

Anyone else experienced this?

Nope... But I also have an app that disables my data connection when I don't want to use it - It's called DC switch and it works really well.
I use Wifi when at home, so my 250MB will hopefully last the whole month. :D
 
i got a 75MB bundle. was running realtime and got worried. turned off autosync and got a monitor. used under 1MB a day without autosync. waiting for itemised billing.
 
I received a nasty surprise yesterday. SMS from Vodacom informing me that my 110mb data bundle was 71% used..

I would also recommend 3G Watchdog, it only monitors your 2G/3G traffic (ignores wifi usage) and its very accurate. It has a nice widget to put on your screen which shows your current usage. You can also export your data usage per day/week/month to a csv file.

Edit: You can tell the app how much data (MB) you have and until when you can use it. It will warn you if you reach your limit before your allocated time.
 
I received a nasty surprise yesterday. SMS from Vodacom informing me that my 110mb data bundle was 71% used. This is only after one day and I only made calls and a bit of browsing for about 5 minutes. The phone died at about 16:00.

I then looked at our Vodacom account and my business partner's bill for data last month was R850. He also recently moved over to the Galaxy. This never happened on our Windows Mobile phones, hence my 110mb data plan.

Anyone else experienced this?

Also go into your wifi settings and make sure the wifi sleep policy is set to Never. Otherwise it will keep switching back to 3G when the screen is off.
 
I just switch off my data connection.

Sent from GT I9000 running Tayutama Edition Superlite with Zenkinz22 speedmod kernel.. zoom zoom
 
Also go into your wifi settings and make sure the wifi sleep policy is set to Never. Otherwise it will keep switching back to 3G when the screen is off.

Also worth mentioning that to get to that setting, press the menu key when in wi-fi settings and choose "Advanced options".
 
The first one said the file was to big to be downloaded with the free account. Then all the rest I tried said that I am already busy downloading it. So I will try again later or something.
 
Also go into your wifi settings and make sure the wifi sleep policy is set to Never. Otherwise it will keep switching back to 3G when the screen is off.

Also worth mentioning that to get to that setting, press the menu key when in wi-fi settings and choose "Advanced options".

Thanks for this guys, my 110mb bundle is now finished and I've set the wireless to never switch off. Now all I need is to find a profile app that will turn the wifi on or off when I switch profiles. Anyone know of such a beast? This has been a standard feature on normal phones for 10 years now.
 
So, with you flashing the whole time. Which is the best one to flash to in your opinion and how much faster is it in your opinion.
 
I'd say stick to the latest and greatest - XXJPO. Still testing it out after flashing, so can't really comment on differences between it and JPM.
 
Jpo is a bit faster that jpm, less force closes and better gps. Other than that similar

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
I'd say stick to the latest and greatest - XXJPO. Still testing it out after flashing, so can't really comment on differences between it and JPM.

Only thing I hate about the flashing, you loose your Angry birds saved game. :( Just loaded CoPilot as well and so far the best I have tested.
 
Nope... But I also have an app that disables my data connection when I don't want to use it - It's called DC switch and it works really well.

I've searched for this in the market without any joy. Is there a specific website you could perhaps point me to please?
 
I've searched for this in the market without any joy. Is there a specific website you could perhaps point me to please?

apn widget is also quite good, search the market. And Android 2.2 brings a built in feature
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X