Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Do all these custom roms that one can get from xda contain the new updates that are contained in Froyo? Like the better gmail, flash and exchange support? I'm a bit weiry of taking the jump to a custom rom.

Every single update, yes. The developers at XDA customize the ROMs from the official or leaked ROMs, so you get the same (usually better, more optimized) functionality that all the "official" ROMs give you.

Just do it, I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and never looked back. I find myself flashing a custom ROM every week, sometimes more.
 
What's a good price for this phone on prepaid? Incredible connection selling it for R5699 and Vodacom want R6499 (!). Anyone know where I can get it cheaper?

I have one for 5k. Still sealed in box with full warranty from vodacom (still in it's 7 day out of box failure window)
 
I have one for 5k. Still sealed in box with full warranty from vodacom (still in it's 7 day out of box failure window)

Thanks for the offer, but it not a private purchase so it needs to come from a network or shop that is on our supplier list.
 
I flashed it yesterday night. The speed of it is really much, much faster than the standard eclair build that we got. Other than that, it is pretty much the same. Got some new themes for it, so my phone looks really good now.
 
I flashed it yesterday night. The speed of it is really much, much faster than the standard eclair build that we got. Other than that, it is pretty much the same. Got some new themes for it, so my phone looks really good now.

Does it use touch wiz?
 
Does it use touch wiz?

Depends on the ROM you flash. The standard 7.6.2 ROM doesn't have TW included, but gives you an option of ADW or LP upon startup. You can install app packages through CWM to get back all your old apps, including TW. I prefer not having TW, to be honest. I also flashed the AOSP lockscreen with the extended power menu package.
 
Depends on the ROM you flash. The standard 7.6.2 ROM doesn't have TW included, but gives you an option of ADW or LP upon startup. You can install app packages through CWM to get back all your old apps, including TW. I prefer not having TW, to be honest. I also flashed the AOSP lockscreen with the extended power menu package.

ok cool. I am not a touchWiz fan. I love ADW too much to go back to TW now.
 
I'm more included towards LP. I used LP for a month or so, went onto ADW for more than a month and am now back to LP. LP really does feel just that bit faster.
 
Ohh, I have ADW I see. There really isn't that much difference is there?
 
I really feel LP is a bit faster and smoother in scrolling between home screens and the app drawer. Also, restarting LP is MUCH faster than restarting ADW. It happens so quickly you barely noticed it restarted.
 
I really feel LP is a bit faster and smoother in scrolling between home screens and the app drawer. Also, restarting LP is MUCH faster than restarting ADW. It happens so quickly you barely noticed it restarted.

I just like the fact that its easier to hide and show the notification bar with ADW than it is on LP. Plus its easier to change how it looks thanks to the themes.
 
I just like the fact that its easier to hide and show the notification bar with ADW than it is on LP. Plus its easier to change how it looks thanks to the themes.

With LP it's also really easy to show/hide the notifications bar. Pretty much identical to ADW. LP supports theming - you can even have a custom dock background chosen from your gallery!
 
With LP it's also really easy to show/hide the notifications bar. Pretty much identical to ADW. LP supports theming - you can even have a custom dock background chosen from your gallery!

Well how i have it on ADW is i just swipe up anywhere on the homescreen and it shows the notification bar. With launcher pro i had to set it so i swipe up on an icon for that.
And setting the dock and all the icons manually gets a bit much :).
 
ok, so Kies is wanting me to upgrade my firmware ...
New Version as follows :
PDA.JPO
Phone : JPP
CSC.JPO

is this Froyo, I wonder?

My phone is an unbranded UK version...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X