Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Great.. So If someone has the vodacom firmware please back it with rom manager and upload it so that we can download it. :)

You will be doing us a huge favour.
 
Last edited:
I see Vodacom recommends Firmware version I9000XXMJ2 on their website, maybe if you just load that version before you send it in for repairs?

My bad.. I thought you could download it from Samfirmware, but it is not there.
 
Last edited:
Is there a way that you can group all your messages. I mean that I have one person with say 3 numbers, but the conversations for each number has its own thread. Is there a way to combine it?
 
Yes, the contact isn't linked, it has 3 numbers for the contact but it shows as 3 different threads in messages. I am using Darky's ROM if that is important
 
Yes, the contact isn't linked, it has 3 numbers for the contact but it shows as 3 different threads in messages. I am using Darky's ROM if that is important

whats important is that I need some weed. Is your contact a drug dealer :D
 
I see Vodacom recommends Firmware version I9000XXMJ2 on their website, maybe if you just load that version before you send it in for repairs?

My bad.. I thought you could download it from Samfirmware, but it is not there.

Search for JM2 not MJ2 - looks like a typo on voda's side!!!
 
was running Darky's V9.0.2 , but it was giving me hectic issues like losing apps, sometimes force closing nearly everything :/

Ultimate - v7.0 XWJS3 <- running that now and must say its pretty cool :) and the start up screen of an android destroying an apple makes me smile everyday :P
 
was running Darky's V9.0.2 , but it was giving me hectic issues like losing apps, sometimes force closing nearly everything :/

I didn't get any issues like that, in fact v9.0.2 is the best one for me so far. If you get Force Closes on everything, then it did not flash correctly i would guess
 
was running Darky's V9.0.2 , but it was giving me hectic issues like losing apps, sometimes force closing nearly everything :/

Ultimate - v7.0 XWJS3 <- running that now and must say its pretty cool :) and the start up screen of an android destroying an apple makes me smile everyday :P

You boot your phone everyday?! :eek: The only time I ever reboot is to flash a new ROM...
 
was running Darky's V9.0.2 , but it was giving me hectic issues like losing apps, sometimes force closing nearly everything :/

Ultimate - v7.0 XWJS3 <- running that now and must say its pretty cool :) and the start up screen of an android destroying an apple makes me smile everyday :P

I'm running Darky's and mine is perfect!, he does say if you experience any problems you must do a full reset
 
My cousin has the same prob with Darky's 9.02. Apps missing after restart, no market, force closes, etc.

He installed 8.1 and everything seems fine.

One thing i did notice was CWM (Green) with his failed on flashing the ROM.

We then booted again into CWM (Red) this time and it installed fine. Mine ran fine on Green CWM, read somewhere the different colours indicate different kernels i.e. Greed (Speedmod) Red (Voodoo).
 
My cousin has the same prob with Darky's 9.02. Apps missing after restart, no market, force closes, etc.

He installed 8.1 and everything seems fine.

One thing i did notice was CWM (Green) with his failed on flashing the ROM.

We then booted again into CWM (Red) this time and it installed fine. Mine ran fine on Green CWM, read somewhere the different colours indicate different kernels i.e. Greed (Speedmod) Red (Voodoo).

exact same problem, i wiped and re-installed and downloaded it again, same thing. After a few reboots, no market, applications say they are missing everything starts force closing. And i kinda got over re-installing 100+ apps every 3 days :/
 
Whats the MMS settings for the phone, Mine is active but I cant seem to receive any. The message comes through but gets stuck on 'Downloading', not sure what to do as I have gotten many pics over MMS and cant view any of them :(
 
Howdy, I saw a few posts mentioning the "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" problem. With some guys having luck with new sim cards (doubt this will work for me as I got a brand new one with the phone not two days ago). The other cause being smss from a 555 number is looking more likely. I bought some airtime through internet banking and found it strange not receiving any sms (just after this the mentioned error started) and after I put the sim card in my old phone two smss arrived, one from 141 and 555. Putting the sim card in my galaxy all is well again.

This brings me to the point. Has anyone taken this any further or found any solution other than swapping sim cards? I'll probably go to my service provider on Monday and see what they have to say. Might have some leverage as my phone is still in the seven day period, although I am pretty sure this is not really a hardware failure and I very sure they are not getting my phone for 4 -6 weeks. Does MTN know about this? I guess there are not too many folks with this phone on topup type contracts.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X