blaaislaai
Executive Member
I phone Samsung to find out when the latest firmware will be available. The lady told me that it will be available in April but they are not sure if it will be Froyo of Gingerbread. So there is word out that we will not get the Froyo update but straight to Gingerbread. Then I started asking her about loading custom roms and so on. She told me that it will do nothing to the warranty. If you screw up your phone by flashing you will have to pay the repair centre to reload the Firmware. So I ask her again if I can load any Firmware that my heart desires and she said wait let me speak to her manager.. She came back and once again confirmed what she said. YOU WIL NOT LOOSE YOUR WARRANTY IF YOU FLASH CUSTOM FIRMWARE. I asked again... are you sure? and she said YES.
I don't think those people know what custom firmware even is. They might think its a normal program or something. As flashing DOES indeed void your guarantee, voiding your guarantee starts when you root your phone