Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

LoL :D

Well took the plunge and opted to reboot.
I was just afraid of it somehow borking on me.
Anyway - happy to report it's on 18% and everything back to normal.

damn...such an anticlimax

no renewable energy, no never ending source of energy - nothing

and to top it, 18% waaaaaahhhhhh wheres that charger

from free energy to expending more energy to go find the charger, plug it in, connect it to the phone, check that the phone charges, and eventually charge the phone

phew im tired already
 
My charger, data cable and earphones always travel with me.
And then have a car charger (R10 at Osmands in Lansdowne, Cape Town).

Sorry you're feeling out of breath :p
 
My charger, data cable and earphones always travel with me.
And then have a car charger (R10 at Osmands in Lansdowne, Cape Town).

Sorry you're feeling out of breath :p

10 bucks

what!!!

do those guys even make a profit

i dont even think you can buy just the cable for that price, let alone all the other parts, assembly, shipping

but damn who cares - all i want, is to find something similar in durban at equal or lesser price

not easy when im outa breath :-)
 
10 bucks

what!!!

do those guys even make a profit

i dont even think you can buy just the cable for that price, let alone all the other parts, assembly, shipping

but damn who cares - all i want, is to find something similar in durban at equal or lesser price

not easy when im outa breath :-)

Lol R10 it is. And they do.
Wholesale has its benefits.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
So I was fiddeling wanting to wipe my battery stats through recovery mode. Whilst going through all the options to see what else was there I saw the Voodoo Lagfix was disabled. Strange as my phone was behabing to fast and it wasn't even enabled. I have enabled it now but will play around later again but what was weird is that the phone spoke whilst it was switched off telling you what it was doing and giving an estimated count down. How cool is that?
 
Okay, got my car dock at vodaworld. Think I am going to switch over completely now to the SGS. Had a bit of trouble with typing in afrikaans on my SGS, but I seem to be able to do everything in swype now, so it will hopefully not be to much difficulty to not have my BB around.
 
What is going on? Everything was working perfectly. Was downloading my apps yesterday with no problem. Last night before I departed to ZZZ land I was having difficulty with my email. I tried downloading alternative email client (K9 or Improved Email) but it did not work. Any ideas why I cannot download apps from the market place?
 
What is going on? Everything was working perfectly. Was downloading my apps yesterday with no problem. Last night before I departed to ZZZ land I was having difficulty with my email. I tried downloading alternative email client (K9 or Improved Email) but it did not work. Any ideas why I cannot download apps from the market place?

happens intermittently. theres a fix on here somewhere.
 
happens intermittently. theres a fix on here somewhere.

Haha..Keyword "somewhere". I did try looking quickly for it but got frustrated. Took a chance that someone would know off the top of their heads. Thanks anyway. Will keep looking and ask again if I don't come right.
 
So I flashed my SGS with Docs latest Rom from their kitchen, but I have the following problem. Sometimes calls dont come through, I just get the sms saying I had a missed call.
PDA: I9000XwJS3
PHONE: I9000XXJPY
CSC: I9000OXAJPY
Build info: 2011.01
Modem is XEU (european)

Its totally random. Have tried putting it on GSM only, disabling the data connection....but nothing helped. Anyone have any idea? The previous Rom I had worked fine....does anyone know if I can "downgrade" to the old Rom just using CRM? Any help will be appreciated.
 
I also had this problem, on the xda forum they say which modem you should flash to get this right. I think I mentioned it in this forum as well.
 
"What is going on? Everything was working perfectly. Was downloading my apps yesterday with no problem. Last night before I departed to ZZZ land I was having difficulty with my email. I tried downloading alternative email client (K9 or Improved Email) but it did not work. Any ideas why I cannot download apps from the market place?"

I just reset phone to factory defaults i did that and it sorted my download from market problems
 
Last edited:
"What is going on? Everything was working perfectly. Was downloading my apps yesterday with no problem. Last night before I departed to ZZZ land I was having difficulty with my email. I tried downloading alternative email client (K9 or Improved Email) but it did not work. Any ideas why I cannot download apps from the market place?"

I just reset phone to factory defaults i did that and it sorted my download from market problems

Did you do this through recovery or use some reset setting in the Android OS somewhere?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X