Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Did something go wrong as well? If so please do explain what and how you fixed it. Maybe I can apply same method to my phone. I would have happily sat until I got it fixed but for some ****e reason I have been struggling to download software I reckon is necessary.

Yes something went wrong with the initial flash and I got stuck on the SGS Logo screen looping and then just blank. I eventually used a combination of 2 guides to get it working from scratch.

Used this guide to start of with : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=818556

Followed the steps in Block 2 up until just before 15 where you flash Voodoo-stable-5.4-Froyo-2.2.1-GT-I9000-odin-pda.tar (So in other words I didn't flash the Voodoo tar)
I know alot of the people say first flash the pit file and then flash the PDA but I did it just like the guide says, at the same time.

Then I went from there to Darky's Installation for first time users :http://darky.ficeto.com/community/i...-installation-guide-for-first-time-users.315/

By this point I could boot into froyo to copy the necessary files on the internal SD Card that Darky's guide uses.

I started this guide from the ROM Flashing heading since I already did all the previous stuff with the other guide.

Just note corp that I used exactly the files that you download from the 2 guides.
JPY_By_Virnik.rar : I used
s1_odin_20100512.pit
the Odin that's in the rar
JPY_JPY_JPY.tar
CF-Root-XX_XEU_JPY-v1.3-BusyBox-1.17.1.tar

From Darky's Guide :
I used the CWM Recovery - http://www.multiupload.com/Q25HUP0YWF that is update.zip
Obviously I used Darkys_v9.2_Extreme_Edition.zip

After this I was sorted, just note that this way you lose all your Data and Apps, unless you used MyBackup (which I used)

Hope you get sorted, I was at a loss yesterday a couple of times but got it working in the end. :D
 
Last edited:
Yes something went wrong with the initial flash and I got stuck on the SGS Logo screen looping and then just blank. I eventually used a combination of 2 guides to get it working from scratch.

Used this guide to start of with : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=818556

Followed the steps in Block 2 up until just before 15 where you flash Voodoo-stable-5.4-Froyo-2.2.1-GT-I9000-odin-pda.tar (So in other words I didn't flash the Voodoo tar)
I know alot of the people say first flash the pit file and then flash the PDA but I did it just like the guide says, at the same time.

Then I went from there to Darky's Installation for first time users :http://darky.ficeto.com/community/i...-installation-guide-for-first-time-users.315/

By this point I could boot into froyo to copy the necessary files on the internal SD Card that Darky's guide uses.

I started this guide from the ROM Flashing heading since I already did all the previous stuff with the other guide.

Just note corp that I used exactly the files that you download from the 2 guides.
JPY_By_Virnik.rar : I used
s1_odin_20100512.pit
the Odin that's in the rar
JPY_JPY_JPY.tar
CF-Root-XX_XEU_JPY-v1.3-BusyBox-1.17.1.tar

From Darky's Guide :
I used the CWM Recovery - http://www.multiupload.com/Q25HUP0YWF that is update.zip
Obviously I used Darkys_v9.2_Extreme_Edition.zip

After this I was sorted, just note that this way you lose all your Data and Apps, unless you used MyBackup (which I used)

Hope you get sorted, I was at a loss yesterday a couple of times but got it working in the end. :D

Thanks man. Will give it another bash when I get home later. Let you know how it worked out.
 
Galaxy S Froyo Official Release date UPDATE
(according http://www.samsungblog.co.za/blog/samsungteam/2011/01/samsung-galaxy-s)

I just paid a visit to the Samsungblog where the News regarding the Froyo update initially was published. The post was updated today with the following:

"Update (07/02/2011) - Froyo will be available via CSCs on 15 February and via Kies on 17 February. Thanks for all the feedback."

Let's hope for the best (i.e. 15 February 2011 and not 2012... )!

So if you were desperate to go with ROOT and Custom firmware, but would prefer official firmware first, just wait a few more days and give Samsung a chance to show what kept them so busy!
 
Just an update on the bluetooth thing. I switched it on yesterday at 2 and it is still going strong with 41% battery life remaining. This is with light browsing 3-4 shortish phonecalls and a bit of browsing and downloading in the appworld. The bluetooth doesn't seem to be using to much battery life. But then again, I haven't really connected to anything.

With regard to LubbeSGS here on top, how will kies know that you are are eligible for an upgrade? Can I just load a custom rom of 2.1 and then upgrade via kies?
 
Galaxy S Froyo Official Release date UPDATE
(according http://www.samsungblog.co.za/blog/samsungteam/2011/01/samsung-galaxy-s)

I just paid a visit to the Samsungblog where the News regarding the Froyo update initially was published. The post was updated today with the following:

"Update (07/02/2011) - Froyo will be available via CSCs on 15 February and via Kies on 17 February. Thanks for all the feedback."

Let's hope for the best (i.e. 15 February 2011 and not 2012... )!

So if you were desperate to go with ROOT and Custom firmware, but would prefer official firmware first, just wait a few more days and give Samsung a chance to show what kept them so busy!

Damn!!
 
Is anyone using a cellc data promotion sim in their phone. I seem to often lose my data connection and occasionly lose signal totally but only for a few secs. My phone was a prepaid vodacom and still has its stock rom. Though sometimes i go days with no probs is it a problem with cellc or the phone.

Also it occasionly crashes and have to reset entirely.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Is anyone using a cellc data promotion sim in their phone. I seem to often lose my data connection and occasionly lose signal totally but only for a few secs. My phone was a prepaid vodacom and still has its stock rom. Though sometimes i go days with no probs is it a problem with cellc or the phone.

Also it occasionly crashes and have to reset entirely.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

I'm on stock 2.2.1 and only use my 5gb sim in my SGS.

No real disconnects. Only the last 24 hours while they've been upgrading.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
My phone Lives!!!!!

nu11, I went through normal Froyo 2.2.1 getting to Darky's v9.2 Extreme Edition. Not so sure I like the look so much. I need to unleash this "beast" so give me ideas.
 
Is anyone using a cellc data promotion sim in their phone. I seem to often lose my data connection and occasionly lose signal totally but only for a few secs. My phone was a prepaid vodacom and still has its stock rom. Though sometimes i go days with no probs is it a problem with cellc or the phone.

Also it occasionly crashes and have to reset entirely.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App


Perhaps related to this?
 
My phone Lives!!!!!

nu11, I went through normal Froyo 2.2.1 getting to Darky's v9.2 Extreme Edition. Not so sure I like the look so much. I need to unleash this "beast" so give me ideas.

Glad your phone lives, what do you mean by normal froyo? I can see how Darky's wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea, but it sure is damn fast.
 
Ok getting a bit worried.

My phone has been off the charger since 5am this morning.
Usage has been around Facebook, Gmail, and Music player for at least 2 hours.
Concern: My battery is still showing 100%.

This is not normal at all. What's going on?
Still on stock Froyo 2.2.1 and nothing tweaked on the phone at all as yet.
 
Ok getting a bit worried.

My phone has been off the charger since 5am this morning.
Usage has been around Facebook, Gmail, and Music player for at least 2 hours.
Concern: My battery is still showing 100%.

This is not normal at all. What's going on?
Still on stock Froyo 2.2.1 and nothing tweaked on the phone at all as yet.

It's hapenned to me once or twice. Your battery will start discharging insanely fast pretty soon. After another charge it should go back to normal
 
Glad your phone lives, what do you mean by normal froyo? I can see how Darky's wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea, but it sure is damn fast.

When I say normal Froyo I mean the untweaked assuming stock standard 2.2.1 you see in videos. It is the first installed in the advice you gave me (JPY_JPY_JPY.tar was the file). I must admit I like that look more vs Darky's but I cannot deny the speed of his ROM. I really do wish I could get the more normal look though and have all the improvements of Darky's V9.2 =.
 
When I say normal Froyo I mean the untweaked assuming stock standard 2.2.1 you see in videos. It is the first installed in the advice you gave me (JPY_JPY_JPY.tar was the file). I must admit I like that look more vs Darky's but I cannot deny the speed of his ROM. I really do wish I could get the more normal look though and have all the improvements of Darky's V9.2 =.

Just flash a Speedmod or Voodoo kernel.
 
I guess you hoping that it stays on 100% forever and never dies? lol
Well if it does stay charged forever you have somehow created free energy. Call the patent office. :D

LoL :D

Well took the plunge and opted to reboot.
I was just afraid of it somehow borking on me.
Anyway - happy to report it's on 18% and everything back to normal.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X