South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Thank-you for contacting Samsung Electronics.
Your reference number for your enquiry is:
Kindly note the Android 2.2 software is currently in the testing phase and will be available in April.
If you would like any further information or assistance, please feel
free to contact us on 0860-SAMSUNG (726-7864) or click on the contact us
link at the bottom of this e-mail.
Kind Regards
Samsung Electronics
just got this email from samsung
Seems no one here wants to do the effort of just dumping a vodacom firmware. mmm
How would you go about doing it ?
Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
Root the device, then install rom manager and backup your rom. I think this will work.
when your done, you can unroot as well like it never happened
Ok, here's a tricky one for you all.
I've been thinking about the possibility of using my SGS directly tethered to my AC Ryan Media Player.
Now I've tried this before I rooted the phone - without success.
I think - I'm going to give it a bash with USB Debugging checked and see if it'll tether and if I can update the media player's firmware directly.
Thoughts?
the app that is used to hack kies registry can "grab" the rom after it downloads but before it installs, there's like a 30 second window - it takes about 2 seconds to grab the rom, click a button, push save, and its done. That might work for the guys requesting a clean voda rom...
search xda devs for the kies registry hack app.
This Topic is never ending....
Just a quick Question = Is the I9000 any good? I'm assuming by the gazillion replies to this topic, it must have something to it.
I am looking at the BB Torch/HTC Desire S or the I9000 .
This Topic is never ending....
Just a quick Question = Is the I9000 any good? I'm assuming by the gazillion replies to this topic, it must have something to it.
I am looking at the BB Torch/HTC Desire S or the I9000 .