Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

just got this email from samsung

Thank-you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

Your reference number for your enquiry is:

Kindly note the Android 2.2 software is currently in the testing phase and will be available in April.

If you would like any further information or assistance, please feel
free to contact us on 0860-SAMSUNG (726-7864) or click on the contact us
link at the bottom of this e-mail.

Kind Regards

Samsung Electronics
 
Soz guys im not going to be doing that. Someone who rooted there phone already will have too.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Ok, here's a tricky one for you all.

I've been thinking about the possibility of using my SGS directly tethered to my AC Ryan Media Player.
Now I've tried this before I rooted the phone - without success.

I think - I'm going to give it a bash with USB Debugging checked and see if it'll tether and if I can update the media player's firmware directly.

Thoughts?

FYI, this = FAIL :p :D
 
the app that is used to hack kies registry can "grab" the rom after it downloads but before it installs, there's like a 30 second window - it takes about 2 seconds to grab the rom, click a button, push save, and its done. That might work for the guys requesting a clean voda rom...

search xda devs for the kies registry hack app.
 
the app that is used to hack kies registry can "grab" the rom after it downloads but before it installs, there's like a 30 second window - it takes about 2 seconds to grab the rom, click a button, push save, and its done. That might work for the guys requesting a clean voda rom...

search xda devs for the kies registry hack app.

As far as I know the registry hack app don't work with Kies 2.
 
It seems users on the samsungblog claim they are successfully receiving mtn updates. Will confirm when i get home!
 
This Topic is never ending....

Just a quick Question = Is the I9000 any good? I'm assuming by the gazillion replies to this topic, it must have something to it.
I am looking at the BB Torch/HTC Desire S or the I9000 .
 
This Topic is never ending....

Just a quick Question = Is the I9000 any good? I'm assuming by the gazillion replies to this topic, it must have something to it.
I am looking at the BB Torch/HTC Desire S or the I9000 .

i love my i9000 but.. install a custom rom (darkys extreme)
 
Plugged in my galaxy... Took a while but got my galaxy s recognised by my pc and bang!!!
There is a new firmware available for XFM!!
Will do it later when I go to work where the internrt is for free :D
 
This Topic is never ending....

Just a quick Question = Is the I9000 any good? I'm assuming by the gazillion replies to this topic, it must have something to it.
I am looking at the BB Torch/HTC Desire S or the I9000 .

The HTC Desire S? Dont you mean HD?

Well, if you can't live without a keybord then go for the Torch - but other than that it has to be between the HTC Desire HD and Samsung Galaxy S. Compare both phones on gsmarena, but in my opinion the DHD is overkill in most of the areas where it beats the SGS - I can't really tell the difference, whereas where the SGS beats the HD is really significant. Super Amoled Screen is still the best IMO and better battery life.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X