Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Cool ill check them out this weekend thanks.

Anybody tried the ones from expansys?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Had a body glove from Vodashop, worked like a charm till I lost the damn phone. Getting a new on next week.
 
Anybody notice three button recovery mode is not working after the stock update to 2.2.1? Pretty sure I had it before the update, but cant seem to get it now.

Thank whatever god that I'm not using stock android anymore! :D
 
I am just wondering now... I should be able to whip up the little jig thing no problem... nevermind, that gets you DL mode not recovery mode :) . Is just the DL mode not enough to start playing around?

For Odin flashing it will be.
I still would not feel comfortable though - that's just me though.
But if you flash a kernel like CF-Root with Odin - then you should get 2e recovery which has Clockwork Mod Recovery.
But you need the Volume Key Up+Power+Home working to get there.

So if 3 Button is not working now - I don't know if flashing a kernel will get it for you either.
Are you on stock Froyo from MTN or VC now?

Odin can be used to flash a Darky Rom or others.
 
For Odin flashing it will be.
Are you on stock Froyo from MTN or VC now?

From MTN. To be honest I have not really started doing any homework on this, so still need to figure out quite a bit. I am wondering if it is possible to go back to 2.1 and then get going from there. Or I guess it is possible to do the three button fixes. I still want to figure out how this all works from an embedded software side, I did an embedded linux project in fourth year somewhere. I think that the three button recovery mode feature is in a bootloader on the phone, so flashing a new kernel or whatever will probably not fix it.
 
does anyone know if the Mtn Update is available? I'm trying to update a friends sgs but KIES shows NO update.
 
never installed anything. the guy doesn't know how to even load details for the android market.

Oky, then I have no idea. But the reason I asked is because I received that error in kies when trying to upgrade when one of the PDA/PHONE/CSC was not 100%. In my case it was the phone. Could you just perhaps post / pm me the output from *#1234# and *2767*4387264636#
 
Oky, then I have no idea. But the reason I asked is because I received that error in kies when trying to upgrade when one of the PDA/PHONE/CSC was not 100%. In my case it was the phone. Could you just perhaps post / pm me the output from *#1234# and *2767*4387264636#

pda: i9000xwjm3
phone: i9000xxjm2
csc: i9000xxjm2

1 selloutsms: off
2 pccode: gt-i9000hkdxfm
3 mode: test
http://i51.tinypic.com/64krwz.jpg :this is what kies says
 
Last edited:
does anyone have the MTN firmware that i can flash via odin?

I'm quickly looking if I can help. If somebody else is not able to help you, and you willing to make a dump of current rom and upload it somewhere. Then I will see what I can do for you
 
I'm quickly looking if I can help. If somebody else is not able to help you, and you willing to make a dump of current rom and upload it somewhere. Then I will see what I can do for you

how do i dump it? with rom manager?
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X