Doc_Kalvik JP6 V6
Why so lazy?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=817703 <- this one?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Doc_Kalvik JP6 V6
Why so lazy?Where is the link?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=817703 <- this one?
Just used RyanZA's lagfix and oh my goodness, it is so much faster. Should have done it long ago.
Do you need to root your phone to do the RyanZA's lagfix? I don't want to as I don't want to loose my warrantee. How do you do the lagfix? Thanks!
It is in the market under OCLF. The first thing you need to do is to root it. It seems that you can easily unroot it (haven't tried it though). But the result in speed is amazing. Worth it in my opinion.
Oh, and I had trouble to go into recovery mode, and then I just followed this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728754
website to reboot into recovery mode for me. I had to download the easy reboot recovery though.
Download OCLF from the market. Just follow all the steps (GREEN options) in the app. The first step, unfortunately for you, is ROOT DEVICE. Fortunately for you though, you can undo it as well.
You guys should really try flashing a custom ROM - I was hesitant to do it for a long time, but gave in this morning. It really was much simpler than I anticipated it to be and with my phone now running Froyo, with a complete EXT4 overhaul lax fix, it is miles ahead of Eclair running any sort of lag fix, especially OCLF.
EDIT: Word of caution: Flashing a Custom ROM becomes an addiction before too long. You'll be yearning for newer, sleeker, faster, more optimized ROMs with different themes and icon-sets almost immediately after flashing a new ROM...
I will give it a try as soon as I have international bandwidth again, I think that is today (just don't know the contract details so well). Do I have to unroot and undo the lagfix to install the custom rom?
No need to unroot, but definitely undo the lag fix. Make sure your phone can boot into recovery mode using the hardware buttons BEFORE attempting any of this, i.e. if you start up your device holding Volume Up, Home and Power (in that order) and release them all again as soon as the splash screen (in white text) appears, your phone should boot into Recovery mode before it even reaches the intro animation.
Read this thread and follow the instructions for flashing the ROM. You won't regret it...![]()
Hey, I just read the thread on xda forums. Can't I just use clockworkmod and will it sort out my hardware buttons to enter recovery mode?
Hey guys I think I may have a battery problem........when I first got my phone, the sales guy told me to completely flatline my battery before I first charge it....so I did so.....
Was it the right thing to do?
Fired up market place and now it seems we can buy in Za rondts? Old news or not?
That was kinda the only reason I rooted my phone in the first place.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
Why do you think you have a battery problem?
well my battery seems to discharge pretty quick, so I'm just thinking that I messed up the battery by doing what I did....
Maybe I'm just being paranoid for nothing :\