Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Well how i have it on ADW is i just swipe up anywhere on the homescreen and it shows the notification bar. With launcher pro i had to set it so i swipe up on an icon for that.
And setting the dock and all the icons manually gets a bit much :).

Meh, to each his own then I guess. I enjoy the snappier performance and (on the odd day) the 3D app drawer - both things that ADW doesn't offer. ;)
 
Farlig, do you have a problem with your incoming calls with the Doc_Kalpik rom?
 
Someone else had this problem when he flashed, I should actually tell him to commend on here.
 
Someone else had this problem when he flashed, I should actually tell him to commend on here.

Can he make/receive calls at all? Can he access his Call Settings in the settings menu or turn on/off his Airplane mode? Does he get an "Insert SIM" error (or similar) when trying to access Call Settings? If so, his /efs folder got screwed up. The installation instructions in the thread on XDA recommends to make a backup of the /efs folder in case something goes wrong... ;)

Had that issue once and didn't have a backup of my /efs folder, but checking the product code using SGS Toolbox kinda fixed that for me. It makes a backup of your /efs folder in a ProductCodeCheck folder on the internal SD.
 
I didn't make a backup of my /efs when I updated, guess I got lucky...
 
:l:confused:

Had a (not so) funny yesterday. In the afternoon I realised my phone wasn't bleating with incoming Exchange email so I went to check and both my gmail and exchange accounts were gone (deleted).

Not really an issue as I just added them again but a strange one no doubt.

Anyone else experience this?
 
Ja, but my gmail disappeared after I flashed so I think it is that
 
Except that my beloved was sitting on my desk hugging the varnish. I haven't exposed it to flashing yet :-)
 
I didn't make a backup of my /efs when I updated, guess I got lucky...

Nah, not LUCKY, just following the steps. :) I was messing around and making my own zip files to update, with custom APKs and so on. That's where my issue came in. I was able to fix it though, luckily I know what I'm doing now.
 
No, it looks like I have the same problem as the other guy. Incoming calls get cut off almost immediately and I loose my signal for a while. I can dail out without any problem.
 
No, it looks like I have the same problem as the other guy. Incoming calls get cut off almost immediately and I loose my signal for a while. I can dail out without any problem.

Try installing another modem firmware, as listed on the first page of the thread.
 
My three button mode also doesn't work. From what I read on the forums, the three button fix required flashing on different official firmware. I guess I should have done this. Instead i was kind of hoping that JPO would have the fix. It appears to not :( Does boot into a weird safe mode though. Any ideas on how to fix this?
 
I used Odin3 v1.3 and the easy reboot into recovery script from XDA to gix my three button issue
 
3BP issue - just read a page or 2 back on this very forum. It was discussed at length and the necessary links were posted. It just involves copying an "update.zip" file to your phone's internal SD, rebooting it to Recovery mode via ADB (a command-line utility which is part of the Android SDK) and choosing "apply update.zip". It really is dead simple and actually works[/u]. After that, installing ClockWorkMod recovery gives you access to flashing any unsigned ZIP file to the phone from pretty much anywhere on the internal SD. It's just a case of download zip file, copy to internal SD, restart into recovery and apply zip file.
 
Farlig, I can't connect to my Kies on win7 after my update. Is this strange? On XP it still works fine...
 
So I'm stuck on the 2e recovery.

What exactly is this?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X