clickme
Well-Known Member
Well everything is working like a charm. Thanks.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
You're welcome
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Well everything is working like a charm. Thanks.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
You're welcome
Hairdryer! Hairdryer! I tried it again just now and the phone really got hot (really hot), I pressed the combo and I have download mode!!! Now before I mess it up again can someone give me instructions on what to do with Odin? I downloaded the 300mb XXJPY file, should I flash with a CSC or leave it out?
Congrats! The XXjpy from samfirmware?
Edited my above post, got it from a link on XDA. If I open the rar I have the following:
modem.bin (12mb)
param.lfs
zImage
cache.rfs
factoryfs.rfs (286mb).
Should I download the one from samfirmware instead?
Thank you Clickme. I would be lost without you. The download of the samfirmware version just finished. So should I leave the pit file blank as well?
Okay, I'm back to where I was before I clean wiped my phone with the E driver error message. The update did complete but now it's in recovery mode. I've tried factory wipe (successful), wipe cache partition
(successful), but formatting internal sd card gives me the following error:
"E:Can't mount /dev/block/st110
(Invalid argument)
E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount DBDATA:
your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions"
From experience reboot will result in SGS logo and then a black screen with the phone occasionally vibrating and nothing else.
Anyone got any ideas. Bear in mind last time I just flashed the pit file and that's when everything went black.
oky just hold on there its alive and its good just hold a minute
Don't worry. I won't blame you if things go wrong. From what I've been reading, it seems the best solution is going back to an older firmware. I just remembered that my previous firmware was XXJPH. Should I try to flash that and see if things return to normal?
Don't worry. I won't blame you if things go wrong. From what I've been reading, it seems the best solution is going back to an older firmware. I just remembered that my previous firmware was XXJPH. Should I try to flash that and see if things return to normal?
EDIT: On a reboot behaviour is same as before, see the logo but then black screen (the menu and back buttons do light up and the phone randomly vibrates.)
I did the reset and wipe cache several times, they went through successfully but the internal memory problem remained. I've done the JPH update but it made no difference. Same error.