well still feels very similar (9.5) gets a GPS lock faster than my garmin
have to see how it goes.
Doing a backup now as well and going to take the chance. v9.4 really was horrid.
Last edited:
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
well still feels very similar (9.5) gets a GPS lock faster than my garmin
have to see how it goes.
well still feels very similar (9.5) gets a GPS lock faster than my garmin
have to see how it goes.
I got a Galaxy S two weeks ago on my Vodacom contract and I am enjoying it. Moreso since it's my first smartphone.
I just have one problem though. Sometimes my phone will stop receiving calls and sms's. It will remain that way until I restart the phone. Is it a problem with the phone or with the Vodacom network.
I don't think it's due to poor network coverage, since it still happens at work where it's usually at full signal. I have a poor signal at home, so I don't know if it's possible that it's dropping from the network while I'm at home and not reconnecting when it gets a signal again.
As far as i know that was a bug with the older firmwares.
Did you try updating it with Kies?
EDIT: Supposedly putting it into flight mode and putting it online again works too.
Hi All
New to this forum. Dont have time to read through all 140 pages so im sorry if this has been asked/answered before.
I have insanities rom installed (6.9). I prefer it to Darkys which I have tried. I noticed on darkys I used to get a few dropped calls and people who had called me sometimes said it just rang and rang. Im assuming it was a slight problem with the modem. Ive just installed insanity and im liking it very much. Havnt had a chance to fully test to see if it recieves calls properly.
These are the firmware stats: PDA: I9000XWJS3
Phone: i9000JXJG2
CSC: i9000XXJV1
Its android version 2.2.1.
My question is this: Will this modem run fine in SA? Does anyone know? If not what is the best modem for SA in your opinion? I live in Jozi if that makes any diff... Oh and its on vodacom network.
Thanks for any help/info anyone is willing to give. Much appreciated.
Pat
Screw darky, if it's going to give grief for a simple CWM flash and the fact that 9.4 was buggy to begin with and he calls it stable - then I don't know.
I found the XXJV1 modem to be huge battery drainer! On Friday I finally received my extended 3500mAh battery from China, gave it a full charge and upgraded to darky's 9.5 not realising that modem XXJV1 was automatically installed although I specifically “skipped modem” in darky’s configurator.
Previously i had XXJQ1 installed with darky’s 9.4 which gave me fantastic battery life! Anyway less than 12 hours later more than 50% battery life on an extended battery vanished!! I couldn’t believe my eyes! Reminded me of the XXJPY modem which basically drained by the minute!
Anyhow I flashed back to XXJQ1 that very same evening and all was back to normal...... thus far - 16 hours usage with 90% battery available.....
You probably need to flash few modems and determine which works best for you as I believe there is no specific modem for South Africa (I think).
Glad to see others share my sentiment towards Darky's ROM...Doc ROMs FTW!
Sad news, but my SGS and the balance of my Cell C data activated in December is up for sale.
Ad to follow in the classifieds later when I get to the office.
Please spread the word to those who are interested.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
iPhone 5?![]()
Sad news, but my SGS and the balance of my Cell C data activated in December is up for sale.
Ad to follow in the classifieds later when I get to the office.
Please spread the word to those who are interested.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App