Official Vox DSL feedback thread

Jimmy

My vox also died. Using my Rain account at the moment. What's the issue?

joshsparkie

Anyone else having issues on their Vox accounts? On 100mbps Openserve FTTH with Fatpipe data and a lot of websites like YouTube, Facebook, etc all seem sluggish. YouTube showing a connection speed of 1000-1500 Kbps on a live stream too

Edit: All international traffic is extremely slow and some sites don't load properly at all (Twitter, Instagram, etc)

Last edited:

Hemps

Honorary Master
Vox down for me in East London....

Edit: It's back but 20Mb line showing max 2Mb

Loadshedding causing all this?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Most of the complaints about speed recently was from CPT or Southern part of South Africa.

Here in PTA seems fine. Openserve 200/100 on a Fatpipe capped account.

8134168751.png

8134172340.png

8134174309.png

Rohan

Experiencing higher than normal latencies the entire weekend. VDSL, North West. Online gaming extremely laggy.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Question: Could it be possible I have been switched back to adsl profile ?

Guess I'll have to get another router and test tonight before I contact telkom where I might be charged for call out if it's my router.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Question: Could it be possible I have been switched back to adsl profile ?

Guess I'll have to get another router and test tonight before I contact telkom where I might be charged for call out if it's my router.
Check on your modem what the modulation is?

Hemps

Honorary Master
reply from Telkom will see how it goes

I will recreate and redesign the port on my side to connect your internet and resynch your line to improve your speed and also stabilize your connection.

cavedog

Honorary Master
reply from Telkom will see how it goes

I will recreate and redesign the port on my side to connect your internet and resynch your line to improve your speed and also stabilize your connection.

Best would be to log a line fault. You have a line fault causing noise and the upload sync speed is the one limiting the download speed. Line fault especially when looking at you attenuation vs SNR. Something wrong

Hemps

Honorary Master
What is your latency like in East London using Vox and would you recommend them to others living in East London? Asking out of personal curiosity, been looking at making the switch.

My connection was fixed Monday 5pm, Telkom actually called me.
Rebooted the router and viola all working.
I have not had any serious issues with Vox performance, I'm on the 400gb special from way back way, think I have 1.2TB available.