Official Vox DSL feedback thread

shanezn186

Same her
My Afrihost and WebAfrica is the same but still my YouTube is perfect and Netflix is acceptable so I'm just going to lie to myself and say it will be better tomorrow.
I'm on WebAfrica too. There are no issues with Youtube on my side but everything else is slow as kak. Eish.

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Having issues on telkom lte too,max 1mbps downstream on int,local and cdn stuff is just dandy

thewusman

Expert Member
VOX fatpipe has been poor the last 1.5 weeks - at random times I will get high latency, slow download speeds and buffering for some higher res. streaming.

Happened again just now - using my Afrihost backup account and I get full line speed (40mbps VDSL).

I've reached out to them on FB as I refuse to deal with their Level 1 support which involves restarting your router.

If this continues I'm also cancelling my FTTH pre-order with them.

They have the methods and tools to monitor QoS out of PE - we don't have to do the troubleshooting for them

/end Sunday morning rant.

Rohan

VDSL 20m, My Vox is slowww, ping spikes, disconnects etc. Fine on my backup account.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Seeing increased latency to Google services again. Speeds are fine. Streaming 4K from google drive is fine 22Mb/s

cavedog

Honorary Master
I notice I am getting a lot of CRC Downstream errors. What causes those?
It's been a while now since I used adsl/vdsl last but if I'm not mistaken it's noise.

Stand to be corrected though. Usually happens on high speed and distance of copper so not always avoidable.

Dianysis

Expert Member
I yearn for the day when my area (hopefully) gets fibre. But I doubt we will...

Thanks.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Does anyone know what the process is for getting the password for the MikroTik router that Vox supplies?

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Not Vox related but does anyone know if there are any smart Telkom people still on the forum, I'm having a big issue with them and support.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Try them on Twitter?

I found since TelkomZA left here, they've been the next best channel :O
I was very very angry with Telkom today so I'm going to leave it until Monday and see if ASSIA kicks back in and fixes it.

Signor65

Anyone having issues ever since they "fixed" whatever the issue was between Capetown and PE a few days back?

Getting disgusting ping in League of Legends here in PE, went from 175-ish a week or so ago, to 215-220 since the fix. Vox support claims to know nothing about any issues related to this, but when I look at the League of Legends Lag Report Tool, it clearly shows that Vox's connection in general has definitely degraded in the past few days.

before.PNGafter.PNG