Official Vox DSL feedback thread

JayMaster

Anyone know if VOX has a naked dsl product? Or how can I apply for one with Openserve? My landlord is canceling the internet line on my the property I rent and he is being a bit of a douche about it - I actually pay for the line and data and he does not want to let me take it over. Urgh. Not going to put up a fight and just need a naked 20 // 40m vdsl line again
Only Telkom is offering at the moment.
You have to wait, as none of the other ISP's including VOX have offers at the moment.

Even Webafrica which was the first to show their pricing for Naked DSL and said they were to go live with the product on the 15th of May 2020, which never happened as they had access to Openserves Pure Connect porduct on the same day so they have delayed it for now.

Convex

Just tested my latency to Eu on Vox, still getting +-310ms, happy i moved to Axxess, getting +-175ms :D

Totempole

Expert Member
Just tested my latency to Eu on Vox, still getting +-310ms, happy i moved to Axxess, getting +-175ms :D
I'm getting ~171ms on Vox to EU which is acceptable. On Axxess/Afrihost I get 165ms or less though.

FHTheron

My AWS downloads are down to sludge again tonight, actually makes some sites unusable now. Win some lost some, no ISP is good.

cvanwie

Thanks, I suppose it's good that it's not just me, but I just moved my fiber from ISPAfrika to Vox and told all my family to use Vox... Well, they work fine for almost everything I suppose.

I get this bad feeling that the guy who worked there (and was active on this forum) years ago was the only one who really knew anything and now things are just slowly degrading until it becomes so terrible that they have to fly in some international expert to fix it.

Vox latency to work servers I cared about was the lowest, but that doesn't help me at all if I only get modem speeds out of it.

(Just realised that they snagged me by insisting on giving me a router, which I repeatedly tried to reject. If I cancel too soon I might need to pay for it, will have to look at that)
Hey there FHTheron !

A buddy of mine (sup C!) reached out to me and told me about this post ! It has been years and I cannot tell you how this warmed my heart this afternoon (in the USA).

You are in great hands with Vox and everyone who works there. (BTW Vox, I miss you guys!!)

-Chris

Last edited:

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Hey there FHTheron !

Soul Assassin reached out to me and told me about this post ! It has been years and I cannot tell you how this warmed my heart this afternoon (in the USA).

You are in great hands with Vox and everyone who works there. (BTW Vox, I miss you guys!!)

-Chris
It wasn't me, I could not for the life of me remember your forum name, I checked my PMs and I don't think they go back that far.

Nonetheless I hope everything is going great for you in the US, Vox lost one of their best people that day. I still love everything about Vox except the routing and them not even trying to fix it.

cvanwie

It wasn't me, I could not for the life of me remember your forum name, I checked my PMs and I don't think they go back that far.

Nonetheless I hope everything is going great for you in the US, Vox lost one of their best people that day. I still love everything about Vox except the routing and them not even trying to fix it.
I noticed I made a mistake there and ninja edited my post! :) I really appreciate the kind words!

I can't speak for where things are at, but knowing the team and management, I'm sure it will get fixed up.

Rohan

Only Telkom is offering at the moment.
You have to wait, as none of the other ISP's including VOX have offers at the moment.

Even Webafrica which was the first to show their pricing for Naked DSL and said they were to go live with the product on the 15th of May 2020, which never happened as they had access to Openserves Pure Connect porduct on the same day so they have delayed it for now.
Telkom phoned me and told me I have to take a voice line with the dsl line, they also told me that I can only get it on a 24 month contract. Yet on the site you can select the dsl line without voice line and it also says month to month - no contract...yikes.

Rohan

Got this from VOX this morning after applying for pure DSL almost 2 weeks ago, there is dsl in the area, there is a 20m vdsl line going to a business on the same premises.

I Trust you well and keeping safe.
Kindly be advised that the request for Vox Uncapped Pure DSL on the below address, is not feasible as there is no DSL Pure connect solution available.
Should you require an alternative solution, Please advise in order for us arrange one of our consultants to contact you.

DRAKE305

Got this from VOX this morning after applying for pure DSL almost 2 weeks ago, there is dsl in the area, there is a 20m vdsl line going to a business on the same premises.

I Trust you well and keeping safe.
Kindly be advised that the request for Vox Uncapped Pure DSL on the below address, is not feasible as there is no DSL Pure connect solution available.
Should you require an alternative solution, Please advise in order for us arrange one of our consultants to contact you.
Hi Rohan

I also ordered pure DSL from Vox as I did not want to get involved with Telkom but I sent a mail cancelling my order ,and after a few minutes I sent a mail to Vox to ignore my cancellation and someone from Vox called me to confirm if I'm cancelling or not which I was not and the next day it was cancelled which I accepted but then I re-applied for the same Pure DSL product and it also got cancelled and no reasoning was given to that.......I decided to apply for Afrihost's Pure DSL which I am now waiting for........it will probably take long to install as Openserve needs to come and install the line and link me to the exchange but I'm not expecting it to materialize.

No Fiber in my area
LTE is there so if the Pure DSL option does not happen I might go that route Rain has an Okay'ish product: 10Mbps unlimited 4G for R479

1592488803501.png

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hi Rohan

I also ordered pure DSL from Vox as I did not want to get involved with Telkom but I sent a mail cancelling my order ,and after a few minutes I sent a mail to Vox to ignore my cancellation and someone from Vox called me to confirm if I'm cancelling or not which I was not and the next day it was cancelled which I accepted but then I re-applied for the same Pure DSL product and it also got cancelled and no reasoning was given to that.......I decided to apply for Afrihost's Pure DSL which I am now waiting for........it will probably take long to install as Openserve needs to come and install the line and link me to the exchange but I'm not expecting it to materialize.

No Fiber in my area
LTE is there so if the Pure DSL option does not happen I might go that route Rain has an Okay'ish product: 10Mbps unlimited 4G for R479

View attachment 862255
Pure DSL is not for new installs, you need to have current line to your property. The telkom tech just goes to exchange and activate the port again.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi Rohan

No Fiber in my area

View attachment 862255
Let me know if you want me to follow up on the order and provide an order number. ;)

Pure DSL is not for new installs, you need to have current line to your property. The telkom tech just goes to exchange and activate the port again.
Well new install as in has to be a new order for a line to be provisioned. No migrations from existing adsl lines to naked dsl that can't happen. Yes there has to be a physical line already.

Rohan

Let me know if you want me to follow up on the order and provide an order number. ;)

Well new install as in has to be a new order for a line to be provisioned. No migrations from existing adsl lines to naked dsl that can't happen. Yes there has to be a physical line already.
There are 3 lines on the premesis, only one of which is used. the other two run from the house to the pole but not active. We don't really want to cancel the other line before we get the new one - landlord scared that Telkom will stuff it up and we can't get a line at all afterwards :D
Can you help? Order number was: X1029554

Last edited:

Barfish88

Expert Member
Every evening my latency / vox account goes for a ball of ****. I have to now pay afrihost / axxess for another account if i want decent latencies. I phoned vox and they said it was my line. I told them that axxess is faster and the rep couldnt reply. I am going to cancel this account soon if its not sorted out.