Official Vox DSL feedback thread

Fishzn

Anybody experiencing degraded streaming on Vox of late? Use to be flawless, but been poor for the last 2-3 weeks. As soon as I switch to my Afrihost backup, streaming is perfect, then back to Vox and it's buffering often..

Totempole

Expert Member
Anybody experiencing degraded streaming on Vox of late? Use to be flawless, but been poor for the last 2-3 weeks. As soon as I switch to my Afrihost backup, streaming is perfect, then back to Vox and it's buffering often..

Latency is bad as ever most of the time, but otherwise, same old same old. No issues with streaming or any other non-realtime services.

kayvee

Expert Member
Thanks Vox, for changing my portal password without me requesting it. I have a paid service for October and now can't log in. Got the email, it wasn't me requesting it :mad:

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Thanks Vox, for changing my portal password without me requesting it. I have a paid service for October and now can't log in. Got the email, it wasn't me requesting it :mad:
Dear Customer,

Please note that as of 5 October 2020, accessing MyVox (https://portal.vox.co.za) will be via a One-Time-Pin login process.

This change is to further improve security access to the platform and will replace your current login credentials.

Rohan

anyone else experiencing extremely slow speeds on VOX today? Not even getting 1m speed on my 20m vdsl line.

Totempole

Expert Member
Dear Customer,

Please note that as of 5 October 2020, accessing MyVox (https://portal.vox.co.za) will be via a One-Time-Pin login process.

This change is to further improve security access to the platform and will replace your current login credentials.

I can still login using my password, and then it prompts me for a One-Time-Pin. So no passwords should have been changed.

Totempole

Expert Member
Same with me, wont accept password.

When I signed in using my password after 5 October I was able to set the number I received my OTP through before they sent it out. Downside is it also sets it as my primary contact number which is now wrong, but whatever.

FrancoVisagie

I contacted Vox to switch to their pure dsl line, already on pure dsl but with different company. They tell me copper lines aren't available in my area and that they cant assist me? Any idea what to do?

fundutzi

@FrancoVisagie, we will always need to know roughly where this service is needed.

Thus, roughly where is this, we need an address +- 1km accurate.

With data available at this time:
a. If Fibre is available you will have to switch to fibre.
Why, Telkom will no longer maintain copper.

b. If no fibre is available we will re evaluate.

FrancoVisagie

@FrancoVisagie, we will always need to know roughly where this service is needed.

Thus, roughly where is this, we need an address +- 1km accurate.

With data available at this time:
a. If Fibre is available you will have to switch to fibre.
Why, Telkom will no longer maintain copper.

b. If no fibre is available we will re evaluate.
Fibre won't be installed here for a long time if ever, and the copper infrastructure has been here since the town got telephones, when they stil used a "sentrale" almost every home in to n has copper wires from a telephone pole, and these are the old kind that looks like a flex wire but the copper cable inside is two solid ones. I can dm you my address and see if you can maybe help me, because like I said I am currently using a pure dsl line atm.

fundutzi

@FrancoVisagie
I am but mere one mammal active on this forum.
Tried to guide you so me or others can best assist you.

An approximate address is needed to give accurate/ good advice.

caroper

Executive Member
An approximate address is needed to give accurate/ good advice.
They then told me that the address I had given them was not a residential dwelling despite the fact that I own it and have lived in it for 35 years. They then told me that I don't have Fibre whilst I was standing looking at it.

ADSL is still working fine here and I have a wireless backup but if ADSL dies Vox goes with it.
I wont trust Vox to provide fibre access if they think I am paying business rates for residential fibre.

Totempole

Expert Member
Just noticed Vox has a new dumbed-down online portal.

Can no longer properly track usage and sessions on my VDSL. :(

Contacted them for feedback. Let's hear what they have to say.

Totempole

Expert Member
Update: Just received a call from Vox showing me where the session logs are located. Great to see it's still there via a dropdown menu on the Usage Graph.

So it's just the zero rated usage which no longer shows up, but that's not a big issue at all.