Conack

Expert Member
Yes, they read me the following statement:

"Sorry sir, Vox does not guarantee international traffic"
.."but I have 50% packetloss to the first..."
"speedtest to CapeTown is 20mbps on 100mbps li.."

That was my experience calling support to complain about pathetic international bandwidth.
Magically getting 94mbps international on CISP.

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
Yikes seems I'm blessed with two minute response times and same-day resolutions with Vox then. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Since December we have had issues with youtube, dstv now streaming, quality on youtube used to be so clear.

Downloads hits full line speed so why the issues, I see other poster as well with streaming.
20Mb Vdsl

Signor65

Having issues with +- 20% packet loss and high ping in Port Elizabeth - seemingly anything that routes towards Joburg is getting affected. Only have issues on Vox, Afrihost is 100% fine. Anyone else?

Grouter

Expert Member
Having issues with +- 20% packet loss and high ping in Port Elizabeth - seemingly anything that routes towards Joburg is getting affected. Only have issues on Vox, Afrihost is 100% fine. Anyone else?
Yep. Vox VDSL 20 Mbit here is slow. Sites timing out, so can confirm. JHB particularly.
Sedgefield Garden Route BTW.

Totempole

Expert Member
Experiencing somewhat high latency when gaming. Otherwise things are okay here in CPT.

Rohan

Had 90% packet loss yesterday when trying to play games (local) Internet was wonky at best. No problems when using my backup account from another ISP.

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
Selling my 500GB Fatpipe account (3.3TB rollover) if anyone wants to buy it or just rent it. PM me

Totempole

Expert Member
Selling my 500GB Fatpipe account (3.3TB rollover) if anyone wants to buy it or just rent it. PM me

What is the monthly cost of the account currently out of curiosity?

I would have snapped this up last year when I was using 900GBs+ every month, but I'm averaging less than 150GBs per month since December.

I use another ISP now for gaming.

Vox data is great for cheap and dirty data for downloads and even streaming, but gaming latency-wise it's pretty substandard.

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
What is the monthly cost of the account currently out of curiosity?

I would have snapped this up last year when I was using 900GBs+ every month, but I'm averaging less than 150GBs per month since December.

I use another ISP now for gaming.

Vox data is great for cheap and dirty data for downloads and even streaming, but gaming latency-wise it's pretty substandard.

R209.94

Four concurrents, which makes me think I could sell each slot for R52.5 for people looking to keep it as a backup if the other ISPs ever cockup, rent just the account, or sell the account outright

Grouter

Expert Member
DSL is on and off here this morning. Sedgefield / Knysna. Anyone else? Our exchange?

Or is it just some tech working somewhere?

Edit: Was our exchange. Just made a visit and chatted to the chief tech in attendance. Loadshedding on Sunday took out 5 cards on the ISAM that I'm on. Never happened before, he says. And the backup gennie on-site failed.
R30,000 per card. Ouch! All fixed. Impressed with our local Openserve guys! :thumbsup:

20210208_102630.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
vox.co.za SSL error - anyone confirm?

I can't believe their site is just a Wordpress theme...