Official Vox DSL feedback thread

Grouter

Expert Member
Is anyone aware of any undersea cable breaks that are affecting ISP's including VOX? My internet is crawling so I contacted VOX and they told me over the phone that there are multiple cable breaks on EASSy and SAT3 causing congestion on the WACS cable system.

The thing is, I can't find reports of any of these cables suggesting they are down...in fact the status is Operational.
Is VOX lying to me or am I missing something?
#metoo. Vox very sucky the last couple of days, mainly to europe. You're not imagining it.

Rohan

#metoo. Vox very sucky the last couple of days, mainly to europe. You're not imagining it.
I have a small 20gb account with infogro and not having any problems at all with it. Not sure what cable system they use.

Grouter

Expert Member
Off completely here. Nothing. Anyone else?

Edit. Sorted overnight somehow...

Last edited:

Crusader

Expert Member
Anyone else with excruciatingly slow speeds?

Getting this on a 20Mbps line:
Ping: 61ms
Download: 0.85Mbps
Upload: 0.15Mbps

MountainTech

Been trying for over a month to get DSL "installed"
In a town that has no other options
The house already has a line installed used to use telkom, however no matter what we do and who we speak to we get told there is no DSL or copper in town
Yet we physically have it and my neibords (line coming from same pole) is on vox

MEG101

Been trying for over a month to get DSL "installed"
In a town that has no other options
The house already has a line installed used to use telkom, however no matter what we do and who we speak to we get told there is no DSL or copper in town
Yet we physically have it and my neibords (line coming from same pole) is on vox
@AfriNatic - he will sort you out. Helped me to get PureDSL installed, up and running with great service offering me uncapped, unshaped, unthrottled internet with NO FUP where Vox and Axxess told me there are no coverage.