• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Official Web Africa thread

new_in_za2

What does it take to get Web Africa to stop spamming me? They keep trying to call me multiple times per week, and I'm not interested in what they want to sell. They also send an automated email after each phone call, and I've tried emailing them back to tell them to stop spamming me, but they just ignore those emails.

I'm getting so tired of it that I'm considering dropping Web Africa as an ISP if they can't figure out how to not spam me.

maumau

Honorary Master
FOR HEAVENS' SAKE CUT ME LOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO I GET WA OFF MY BACK ????????????????????????

Last edited:

Fulton17

Expert Member
On 11 June I posted about incorrect data allocation and it took a few weeks to resolve.

The same problem happened yesterday - really annoying.

Check that you too are not been ripped off by WA if you are on an uncapped account.

Aardvark

On 11 June I posted about incorrect data allocation and it took a few weeks to resolve.

Check that you too are not been ripped off by WA if you are on an uncapped account.
Same problem of incorrect data a location on a capped account.

detritus

Anybody else in the Western Cape having issues? Packet Loss in the evenings?
Not on ADSL/VDSL, but I have been having terrible Twitch.tv performance in the evenings in the last week on my WA/Vumatel fibre package, not sure if it it related in anyway.

I'm in WC.

Fulton17

Expert Member

Same problem of incorrect data a location on a capped account.
And 24 hours later, not a peep from anyone at WA :(

Not on ADSL/VDSL, but I have been having terrible Twitch.tv performance in the evenings in the last week on my WA/Vumatel fibre package, not sure if it it related in anyway.

I'm in WC.
Same issue from about 6 or 7 pm until about 10 or 11 pm since Monday it has been an issue every evening.

thewusman

Expert Member
Poor net experiences again..

[MENTION=213568]treebsd[/MENTION] how do we summon you?
Same again tonight in PE.

Sigh.

Will take 2 months to identify and address I’m sure. If we’re lucky.

If anyone feels like a laugh try asking level 1 support for help and post your experience here :)

Fulton17

Expert Member
According to my WA usage dashboard, I DL 53 gigs between 06:00 and 07:00. Super impressive for a 40 meg line that "normally" can only manage about 16 gigs at best.

Naturally my netlimiter stats show what actually happened. This is now the second time this has happened in the last week and so many emails to support with not even one response yet :(

Aardvark

According to my WA usage dashboard, I DL 53 gigs between 06:00 and 07:00. Super impressive for a 40 meg line that "normally" can only manage about 16 gigs at best.

Naturally my netlimiter stats show what actually happened. This is now the second time this has happened in the last week and so many emails to support with not even one response yet :(
Having the same problem.
Fault booked on the 10 and still waiting for a explanation.

Fulton17

Expert Member
Having the same problem.
Fault booked on the 10 and still waiting for a explanation.
Guess this shows that they really don't care that much - sadly their "support" has become terrible.

Not too sure what happened to WAHelper - seems to have jumped off the ship