OnePlus 7

King MSA

You will love the phone :)
I can't wait! I was a bit worried about the size but I currently have the Xiaomi Mi Max so I'm sure it'll be fine lol
Is the case that comes with it any good? And do you use a travel adaptor for the charger?

ItherNiT

How's your screen protector holding up? Mine is already starting to peel at the bottom. Wondering what to import as a replacement.
Mine is still good. I'm going to wait for dbrand to get a screen protector and then order that.

ItherNiT

I can't wait! I was a bit worried about the size but I currently have the Xiaomi Mi Max so I'm sure it'll be fine lol
Is the case that comes with it any good? And do you use a travel adaptor for the charger?
Yeah got a US power adapter. I'm using the OP karbon cover at the moment, but the included one didn't feel that bad.

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
I switch my phone to silent when I go to bed. In the morning when I unlock the phone for the first time, all my notifications start rolling in. So it seems my notifications are set to off at night or when I sleep. Do not disturb mode is not enabled. Any ideas what setting controls this?

ItherNiT

I switch my phone to silent when I go to bed. In the morning when I unlock the phone for the first time, all my notifications start rolling in. So it seems my notifications are set to off at night or when I sleep. Do not disturb mode is not enabled. Any ideas what setting controls this?
Noticed the same thing this morning. It gave me a notification of the sleep standby thing. You can turn it off.

Batery > batery optimization > advanced batery optimization > sleep standby

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
Noticed the same thing this morning. It gave me a notification of the sleep standby thing. You can turn it off.

Batery > batery optimization > advanced batery optimization > sleep standby
Thanks. Must've missed that notification the first time.
Is this a OnePlus only feature? Will read up on it.

Leisure Larry

Was a OnePlus user. Had the OP1, OP3T and OP6. I needed the Call Recording feature for business purposes so had to move to MIUI or EMUI.
Any mods for getting Call Recording to work on the OP7 or OP7 Pro?
If I do get the OP7 or OP7 Pro from India, will the Call Recording work here in SA?

genetic

Honorary Master
Was a OnePlus user. Had the OP1, OP3T and OP6. I needed the Call Recording feature for business purposes so had to move to MIUI or EMUI.

You could have just as easily rooted your OP device and enabled call recording. OnePlus is pretty much designed for custom rooting and custom ROMs, and is actively supported.

Leisure Larry

You could have just as easily rooted your OP device and enabled call recording. OnePlus is pretty much designed for custom rooting and custom ROMs, and is actively supported.

It's too much of a pain to root. Banking apps issues and no OTA's

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
It's too much of a pain to root. Banking apps issues and no OTA's
I've seen call recorder options in the jOnePlus tool. Not sure if you need root, as some options etc can be executed without root as they only use adb commands.

027bd16fda0abe1bbc0819d6b6a06da6.jpg

sand_man

Honorary Master
I ordered a Tech21 case direct from Tech21 but delivery failed. Ordered one for my OP6, delivery unsuccessful and now one for the incoming pro, delivery unsuccessful. What a terrible experience it's been trying to get one from them. Most disappointed!!

Leisure Larry

Ok, so I tested this. Seems to work. It adds a record button to the dialer and stores the recordings (aac) files under a folder called record.

33f8350c9c4c9faaf7d3521662318277.jpg

Is this the adb command method? I've tried this and the record feature dissappears after a while.

If it's joneplus method, then you're rooted?

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
Is this the adb command method? I've tried this and the record feature dissappears after a while.

If it's joneplus method, then you're rooted?
I'm not rooted. I use jOnePlus for the 90hz feature.
And yes, some adb settings will reset after a reboot.

Leisure Larry

I'm not rooted. I use jOnePlus for the 90hz feature.
And yes, some adb settings will reset after a reboot.

are you using the OP7 Pro?
I've tried using joneplus on my OP6, but it kept prompting me to root when i initiated the app. so i just gave up and moved to MIUI and EMUI.
Considering getting the OP7, not the PRO (it's too darn big!!), only if i can get the Call Record to work.