OnePlus 7

sand_man

Honorary Master
I hope there'll be a model without the curved screen :p
Yeah, curved screen is a bit of an enigma. 7Pro is the first phone I've owned with a curved screen and while it isn't a deal breaker, I'm not particularly keen on it. It's actually a bit of a nuisance.

I think the 8 lite will be without curved screen...

sand_man

Honorary Master
Never really felt the need for custom roms. Oos is THAT good! However, decided to give xXx no limits a spin and I’m quite enjoying the performance bump it seems to have given me.

The risk element to custom roms has been all but nullified, with it being flashed via a downloadable zip file, using Magisk.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Anyone else having an issue with contacts app? All of a sudden I'm getting 'required permission disabled' error message and the contacts app crashes straight away... I've looked at storage permissions etc and all is allowed/looks normal. I'm wondering if a update has broken the contacts app? There was an Android System Webview update earlier today. Could that have broken contacts app somehow?

yeldoom

Anyone else having an issue with contacts app? All of a sudden I'm getting 'required permission disabled' error message and the contacts app crashes straight away... I've looked at storage permissions etc and all is allowed/looks normal. I'm wondering if a update has broken the contacts app? There was an Android System Webview update earlier today. Could that have broken contacts app somehow?
No problem here with Contacts.

sand_man

Honorary Master
What about 3rd party apps, like TrueCaller?
Uninstalled it about a week or 2 ago. Found it annoyingly intrusive....

EDIT: Reinstalled it and yeah, won't allow me to edit contacts list... at least I can view my contacts list through the Truecaller interface...

Last edited: