OnePlus 7

sand_man

Honorary Master
Correct. It's slightly inconvenient in that one has to disable all active Magisk modules before updating and then I'm doing it via TWRP with the full installation file. Really not a major but I don't feel this update is worth the effort tbh...

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Correct. It's slightly inconvenient in that one has to disable all active Magisk modules before updating and then I'm doing it via TWRP with the full installation file. Really not a major but I don't feel this update is worth the effort tbh...
Haven't seen root talk in a very long time. What do you root your device for these days?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Haven't seen root talk in a very long time. What do you root your device for these days?
Viper4Android, Gcam camera module, custom fonts, AirAudio, Youtube Vanced... custom roms but not so much as stock OOS is just so good any attempt to improve on it is actually futile...

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Viper4Android, Gcam camera module, custom fonts, AirAudio, Youtube Vanced... custom roms but not so much as stock OOS is just so good any attempt to improve on it is actually futile...
Just use Spotify - it doesn't tether to any player accessing your Spotify account. It merely acts as a remote control if you so desire. In any case, from their website it looks like AirAudio can only connect to devices that have easy wireless connectivity anyway?

Does the Google Camera work properly on your device? Every time I tried it in the past it was mostly worse than the stock camera, and nowhere near Pixel quality. Vanced is a nice app but I've had YouTube Premium since it launched in SA, so no point. It's worth the money just so the family has YouTube Music and GPM, and leaves me free to have a standalone Spotify Premium account (which has no family plan). I'm also convinced that Google pre-applies EQ onto its tracks (identical EDM tracks have thunderous bass in GPM by default), making the Viper EQ less useful.

lleytz13

Just use Spotify - it doesn't tether to any player accessing your Spotify account. It merely acts as a remote control if you so desire. In any case, from their website it looks like AirAudio can only connect to devices that have easy wireless connectivity anyway?

Does the Google Camera work properly on your device? Every time I tried it in the past it was mostly worse than the stock camera, and nowhere near Pixel quality. Vanced is a nice app but I've had YouTube Premium since it launched in SA, so no point. It's worth the money just so the family has YouTube Music and GPM, and leaves me free to have a standalone Spotify Premium account (which has no family plan). I'm also convinced that Google pre-applies EQ onto its tracks (identical EDM tracks have thunderous bass in GPM by default), making the Viper EQ less useful.
I use G-Cam, not rooted and it works like a bomb. Haven't had any problems since installing it

sand_man

Honorary Master
Oh boldbeast call recorder and nova launcher too... work better with root...

bratwurst

Expert Member
I use G-Cam, not rooted and it works like a bomb. Haven't had any problems since installing it
Which version? Have you actually compared it to a pixel? I've tried every version with different XML settings from different users. Sadly, it doesn't even come close to a pixel 2 xl :/

Vanced worked without root. Well it did a few months back before switching to premium.

Still does: https://www.xda-developers.com/youtube-vanced-apk/

Pufferfish94

Just got my phone yesterday, really happy with it.

Quick question though, what USB C cables are you guys using? And do they support quick charging like the one that comes with the phone?

Gamer

Expert Member
Just got my phone yesterday, really happy with it.

Quick question though, what USB C cables are you guys using? And do they support quick charging like the one that comes with the phone?
I use the original cable but I'll test with my old Huawei one and let you know

Pufferfish94

I can get some spares from the UK when I go in April but would like a solution for between now and then if I can

Gamer

Expert Member
Update, forgot to screenshot the notice, but this is the end result. V10.3.0.
Decent update including camera improvements.

Gamer

Expert Member
I use the original cable but I'll test with my old Huawei one and let you know
Can confirm, I tried 3 x 3rd party USB C cables with the original charger, none charged fast/lightning charge.